iPhone 2G OS 3.0 can't find MMS application
I am a total newbie to the iPhone realm (and I mean a real newbie, with no idea of except very few things), and I just got a jailbroken/unlocked iPhone 2G running OS 3.0 a couple of days back. there're a number of issues that I need guidance on.
1. I have read on a lot of forums about an application 'ActivateMMS2G' for enabling MMS in my 2g, however I have been unable to find this application in Cydia. Somewhere on this forum I also read that I need to add the repo http://cydia.alpden.com but while trying to do that it gives me a URL error and the repo fails to get added. Can anyone please guide me what to do here?
2. The battery is draining really fast. I have to charge at least twice in 24 hours, with minimal or no usage at all. however, what's interesting here that I just noticed is that out of a fully charged battery I was able to squeeze out a talk time of around 5 hours in one go... weird! I also have all push notifications off, and no data account set up on my device.
3. my iTunes tells me that there's a newer OS available for my iPhone, which I understand would be the 3.1.2. if I upgrade to that, what would happen to my jailbreak/unlock status? is it possible to upgrade while maintaining the jailbreak/unlock? and is it worth it?
4. can anyone point me to some kind of a tutorial to use Winterboard? the app offers some really cool options, I can see, but I am not sure how to use them? how do I change the wallpapers, ringtones, message tones etc.?
5. and finally, is it possible to have Java enabled on the iPhone 2G? my search suggests that it is possible, yet I would like to have a tutorial that can guide me step by step.
in the end, I have read in many posts that ask to access the directory '/var/...' how do you access this? is it part of the OS? what tools does one need?
please guide me, I shall be really grateful.