BootNeuter stuck at "determining current settings"
I've been searching for a solution to my issue for a week now, but none of the attempts have worked. I posted over on poor dlomonosov's thread, but it's rightfully about his problem, not mine. If anyone is willing to give me some help with my issue, I'd really appreciate it.
I'm trying to unlock a friend's iPhone 2G for use on the tmobile network. It's currently got an old, deactivated AT&T sim card in it, but he's planning on swapping that out once it's unlocked. The phone is jailbroken at 3.0 and activated, so far so good.
My main issue has been BootNeuter. Despite all of my attempts (and all of the ideas I've read in these forums), I still can't get past the "Determining current settings" phase of BootNeuter. Here's some information on my situation:
iphone 2G (need to UNLOCK for t-mobile)
- manufactured week 30, 2007
- modem firmware is 04_05_04_G
- bootloader is "unknown" (when using bbupdaterextreme)
- currently jailbroken at fw 3.0
redsn0w: jailbroke at 3.0 successfully, failed unlock at Bootneuter (frozen at "determining current settings" message)
- Occasionally, BootNeuter will give me an error "Need Repair: iPhone cannot make or receive calls." Once this message disappears, the screen remains at the "determining current settings" message.
Quickpwn 2.2.5: jailbroke at 2.2.1 successfully, failed unlock at Bootneuter
Quickpwn 2.2.1: jailbroke at 2.2.1 successfully, failed unlock at Bootneuter
Winpwn 2.5: jailbroke at 2.0.2 successfully, failed unlock at Bootneuter
kiphone: downgraded fw to 1.1.4 in attempt to "repair" baseband. Ran Debug Mode and Erase, then restored to 1.1.4. with iTunes. This had no effect on Bootneuter.
Turned off CommCenter:
- Tried two ways: turned on Airplane mode, waited 30 seconds, turned off Airplane mode and Bootneutered. Failed.
- Used Terminal and SSH to unload CommCenter. Tried to bootneuter, Failed.
iTunes: Have gone back to 7.5 in attempts to downgrade firmware to 1.1.4. Currently at 8.2 to allow redsn0w to jb 3.0.
- It sounds like my major issue is BootNeuter, or something that only BootNeuter is catching. Are there any workarounds for BootNeuter? I know there are other jailbreak/unlock options out there like yellowsn0w, ultrasn0w, purplera1n and purplesn0w, but they seem to be solely for the 3G and 3Gs and/or outdated. Is there another choice for unlocking?
- I read somewhere that if MobileTerminal freezes and jumps, your baseband is messed up. Is this the case?
- If these symptoms are indicative of a larger issue than just BootNeuter, how can I figure out what the issue is? Again, I've tried bbupdaterextreme and it gave me an "unknown" when queried about bootloader version.
Thanks for your time!