Bootneuter - Stuck on "Determining current settings"
I'm having a problem trying to unlock my iPhone 2G with 3.1.3 FW. Basically, whenever I open up Bootneuter, I get stuck at the "Determining current settings" screen. This happens no matter tool I use to jailbreak (I've tried all the tools compatible with 3.1.2 and 3.1.3) - so it's either a problem with Bootneuter, my iPhone, or a combination of both.
This issue has been brought up here a couple of times before, i.e.:
But to my knowledge, no one has found a solution. Just a bunch of "shot in the dark" type suggestions to downgrade to version x.xx, jailbreak, upgrade to version y.yy, etc - which ultimately don't really seem to do anything.
I'd like to try to get to the bottom of this issue in this thread. To start with, some questions:
1. Has *anyone* successfully unlocked (for the first time) an iPhone 2G with 3.1.3 FW? I.e. is it just a compatibility issue with 3.1.3 FW and bootneuter that needs to be addressed (after all, I have not seen any new updates to bootneuter in quite some time)?
2. What exactly is bootneuter doing at the "Determining current settings screen" that could cause it to hang indefinitely?
3. Who wrote bootneuter? Is it possible for me to get in contact with the dev(s) directly?
4. Is bootneuter open source? Is it possible for me to take a look through the source code?
5. Any other thoughts, anyone?