Discuss My Successful Downgrade [3.1>3.0 on 3G] WITH Carrier Network (Canada>Rogers-Fido) p2 at the iPhone OS 3.x - Hackint0sh.org; *** NOTE: Read Steps 19 to 23 in advance before continuing.
19. Launch QuickPwn, BUT ...
My Successful Downgrade [3.1>3.0 on 3G] WITH Carrier Network (Canada>Rogers-Fido) p2
*** NOTE: Read Steps 19 to 23 in advance before continuing.
19. Launch QuickPwn, BUT DO NOT CLICK ON ANYTHING ELSE. (Read all of Step 20 before continuing)
20. You should see a standard Windows window (and not the QuickPwn app) pop up and instruct you to "...hold home button \ sleep wake button for 15 secs etc..." >>> Go ahead and do this, AS SOON as you see the Apple Logo appear on your iPhone, go ahead and click "OK" button on the dialog window. DO NOT CLICK "OK" UNTIL YOU SEE THE APPLE LOGO.
21. After you click on "OK" in the MS Windows message box, pay attention to your iPhone. You should see a progress bar VERY BREIFLY as shown in Step 6.
22. Once complete, you should arrive at a screen similar to the one below (message in blue box might be different):
23. Once your iPhone gets to your "Lock" screen, you can exit QuickPwn Completely.
24. You may or may not at this point now have a working iPhone on Firmware version 3.0, while still being able to connect to your respective Carrier Network. This step was NOT consistent, sometimes the iPhone would remain in recovery mode, while other times it would be fully functionally. THIS DOES NOT MATTER, since your phone is still not fully JAILBROKEN at this point.
25. Launch Redsn0w.
26. There are several very good illustrated guides out there already:
----Guide 1: Jailbreak iPhone 3.0.1 Firmware with redsn0w
----Guide 2: iPhoneModding Guide to redsn0w
----Guide 3: redsn0w Jailbreak Guide for iPhone using Windows
27. It is interesting to NOTE that on about 50% of the phones that we did, redsn0w would FREEZE or LOCK UP between the "Installing Bundles" and "Syncing Filesystems". THIS IS OK. Just run redsn0w a second time (Steps 25 to 26) and you will be fine.
*** THAT'S IT *** YOU'RE DONE ***
*** ENJOY YOUR UnLocked / JailBroken iPHONE ***
Again, correction on terminology here.
Originally Posted by chrischarles2002
*** THAT'S IT *** YOU'RE DONE ***
*** ENJOY YOUR Locked / JailBroken iPHONE ***
The example discussed in part1 and part2 of this thread is for a locked iphone 3G with baseband firmware 05.xx.xx
** If you just want to support hackint0sh.org with a donation click here **
Downgrade your iPhone 3G from Firmware 3.1 to Firmware 3.0 - THE EASY WAY. HowTo: iPhone 3G Firmware 3.1 Downgrade | BenM.at
1. Download LibUSB, iRecovery and the iPhone 3G Firmware 3.0
2. Install LibUSB for your OS X Version
3. Install iRecovery
4. Your iPhone needs to be in the DFU Mode
(Pwnage Tool 3.1 helps you to get into the DFU Mode)
5. Press the ALT-Key on your Keyboard while clicking on "Restore" in iTunes
6. Install the Firmware 3.0
7. iTunes will show you a "1015 Error" - thats ok!
8. Close iTunes
9. Open your OS X Terminal.app which you can find under /Applications/Utilities
10. Type in the following commands. Hit Enter after every single command:
1. iRecovery -s
3. setenv auto-boot true
11. Your iPhone 3G should now reboot
12. Now you see the "Activation Screen" with the Emergency Slider
13. Open iTunes again and wait till iTunes has activated your iPhone 3G - if your iPhone is official unlocked or you use it regularly with your iPhone-Provider (AT&T for example)
If you need to Unlock/Jailbreak your iPhone 3GS you dont need to open iTunes to activate - iTunes wont activate your iPhone.
Download redsn0w and Jailbreak your Device
www.BenM.at - Biggest Austrian iPhone and iPod touch Blog
- Enable Firmware 3.0 Tethering on-the-go! (open the help.benm.at with the iPhone Browser!)
This method makes way more sense and is the method I use recently to jailbreak an accidentally updated 3.1 firmware.. after i downgraded and jailbroke i was able to load a custom 3.1 firmware...
Originally Posted by bensen
luckly i have an iphone plan so unlocking was not an issue for me.. maybe some day they can unlock the new baseband--if i ever want to sell mine as unlocked...
i have a doubt here.
I have an Iphone 3G that was unlocked (its from another carrier) e accidently updated to 3.1. Then my SIM card wasnt recognized.. I run Jailbreak with Pwnage Tool and now the IPhone is working but it seems that is now unlocked..
Is there a way to do it?
Out of curiosity is there any way to get this to work without the original simcard that came with the iphone? I had my iphone unlocked with 3.0 and threw the simcard away. Upgraded by accident (stupid...), managed to downgrade again but it seems that when you activate with redsn0w you lose all network servicies. I know I cant unlock again with the new baseband but if I buy a new O2 simcard is there any way activate the phone and still have network servicies?
By chrischarles2002 in forum iPhone OS 3.x
Last Post: 09-17-2009, 08:33 PM
By asma123 in forum iPhone 3G
Last Post: 08-04-2008, 04:58 PM
By Louis in forum General
Last Post: 09-30-2007, 07:40 PM