Discuss iPhone 3.0 Beta 4 (UDID activation Bypass) Windows+Mac at the iPhone OS 3.x - Hackint0sh.org; Hey there guys,
I kept searching for blogs for a little while now but I ...
iPhone 3.0 Beta 4 (UDID activation Bypass) Windows+Mac
Hey there guys,
I kept searching for blogs for a little while now but I simply couldn't get it to work. So I tried some messing around with the phone my self and here's how I activated my phone without the dev account.
This method requires:
1. iTunes 8.2
2. Quickpwn beta 4
3. iPhone 3.0 beta 4
4. Phone View/Disk Aid/Phone Browser
5. A little Patience!!
1. Restore the phone to 3.0 beta 4 ( doesn't matter if you update it ).
2. Use QuickPwn Beta 4 to Jailbreak it ( I didn't check the activate option).
3. Use the PhoneView Software Since the iUtilities wasn't working on my laptop.
4. Navigate to following address System>Libraries>Core Services>System Version. (I had made two copies of the file on the laptop as both of them would be needed )
5. Now open one of the file in notepad or textedit or whatever... and edit it as follows
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<string>1983-2009 Apple Inc.</string>
Now save the file.
6. Just drag and drop the file in the phone at the same place.
7. Restart the phone. Now here things become a little complicated, open itunes (the phone will appear as it has hung cuz it'll be stuck on the progress bar) the itunes will detect it as iphone at 2.2 version and phone still stuck now open the phoneview once again replacing the systemversion file with the original copy.
Voila! It's done.
It looks lengthy though but is not that time consuming.
Hope it helps!!!!
Hmmm .... To bad we do not have PhoneWiew for Windows ...
BTW, does YouTube Works ?
I'm a registered developer, I'm just curious. How did you get 3.0b4 on the phone without a developer account?
Torrentz is the way my friend>>>
Originally Posted by ZephLeggett
I think Disk Aid works for Windows..... Yeah it works just fine
Originally Posted by yuhackman
Disk Aid is not operable with OS 3.0 and if i activate the iphone with PWN i los the telefone i only have a ipod? what can i do?
Originally Posted by prabg
Disk Aid works fine for me on 3.0 beta 4 after quickpwn...
That's not necessarily correct. DiskAid didn't work with the initial jailbreak on the 3.0 devices, but that's because of a mistake (or choice, I hate to say I don't know) on the part of the unofficial QuickPWN developers. It was fixed in subsequent unofficial QuickPWN releases and all current unofficial builds should properly jailbreak and provide access to the root file system to DiskAid and other utilities.
Originally Posted by alenarro
I've personally never seen the error message you're getting when you attempt.... Make sure you're running the latest version of DiskAid!
Just download latest release of DiskAid. It's working fine, I just tested it.
Originally Posted by alenarro
By LP* in forum PwnageTool
Last Post: 07-16-2008, 08:30 PM
By jordanpolonijo in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 01-10-2008, 09:14 PM
By Brian82 in forum General
Last Post: 09-10-2007, 04:21 PM
By profit42 in forum General
Last Post: 09-10-2007, 12:44 AM
By meagain in forum General
Last Post: 07-27-2007, 02:54 AM
Tags for this Thread