Discuss iPhone 3.0 Beta 2 at the iPhone OS 3.x - Hackint0sh.org; Originally Posted by kastr0GR
What a mission, Bootcamping in and out on Windows ...
First off thanks for the help it worked perfectly and its much appreciated!!!
Originally Posted by xtronic
Now, do I have to do a Fresh update/restore ? or can I just continue as is and transfer from my back up and stuff.....
also can u show or link me to somewhere where I can get cydia to work, I mean Icy is really lightweight but I have no sources and I dono where to get them from yet.....
How to Downgrade iPhone Firmware 3.0 to 2.2.1 !!!
Guys RELLY DON`T UPDATE TO 3.0 VERSION IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!
I have updated to 3.0 and I strugeling to 2 days to go back to versin 2.2.1 to work. Now I finally get my IPhone work and I say it one more time!!! DO NOT UPDATE TO 3.0 VERSION!!! It may be your worst nightmare! But if you do it follow ecsactly they steps:
How to Downgrade iPhone Firmware 3.0 to 2.2.1
1. Connect your iPhone to your Mac or PC and select your iPhone from the list of devices in iTunes
2. If iTunes does not detect your iPhone then you will need to put it in DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode.
3. Browse the Summary Tab,
Hold down Option and press the “Restore” button
Hold down Shift and press the Restore button
4. Now browse the folder where you have the iPhone firmware.Select the firmware & hit the restore button and cross your fingers for 5 minutes.
5. Ignore error message like 1011, 1013, 1015 (Actually the firmware 2.2.1 is already successfully installed)
6. Use QuickPWN 2.2.5 to Jailbreak iPhone Firmware 2.2.1
Steps to put iPhone in DFU mode
1. Connect your iPhone to your computer.
2. Turn iPhone off.
3. Hold power and home together for 10 seconds (exactly).
4. Release power but keep holding home until the computers beeps (observed on a PC) as a USB device is recognized.
5. A few seconds later iTunes should detect your iPhone.
Please Note :- If you encountered with error message like 1601, 1602, 1600 or anything else then try putting the
iPhone into DFU mode and try again.
If it fales try in different computers. Works to my after 2 days straceling. GOOD LUCK!!! And sorry my poor english.
By ArB in forum iPhone OS 3.x
Last Post: 06-04-2009, 06:21 AM
By kinhung in forum iPhone OS 3.x
Last Post: 04-02-2009, 06:43 PM
By alag20 in forum iPhone 3G
Last Post: 07-25-2008, 05:27 PM
By alag20 in forum General
Last Post: 07-25-2008, 05:25 PM