Discuss iPhone 2G OS 3.0 can't find MMS application at the iPhone OS 3.x - Hackint0sh.org; Hi all,
I am a total newbie to the iPhone realm (and I mean a ...
iPhone 2G OS 3.0 can't find MMS application
I am a total newbie to the iPhone realm (and I mean a real newbie, with no idea of except very few things), and I just got a jailbroken/unlocked iPhone 2G running OS 3.0 a couple of days back. there're a number of issues that I need guidance on.
1. I have read on a lot of forums about an application 'ActivateMMS2G' for enabling MMS in my 2g, however I have been unable to find this application in Cydia. Somewhere on this forum I also read that I need to add the repo http://cydia.alpden.com but while trying to do that it gives me a URL error and the repo fails to get added. Can anyone please guide me what to do here?
2. The battery is draining really fast. I have to charge at least twice in 24 hours, with minimal or no usage at all. however, what's interesting here that I just noticed is that out of a fully charged battery I was able to squeeze out a talk time of around 5 hours in one go... weird! I also have all push notifications off, and no data account set up on my device.
3. my iTunes tells me that there's a newer OS available for my iPhone, which I understand would be the 3.1.2. if I upgrade to that, what would happen to my jailbreak/unlock status? is it possible to upgrade while maintaining the jailbreak/unlock? and is it worth it?
4. can anyone point me to some kind of a tutorial to use Winterboard? the app offers some really cool options, I can see, but I am not sure how to use them? how do I change the wallpapers, ringtones, message tones etc.?
5. and finally, is it possible to have Java enabled on the iPhone 2G? my search suggests that it is possible, yet I would like to have a tutorial that can guide me step by step.
in the end, I have read in many posts that ask to access the directory '/var/...' how do you access this? is it part of the OS? what tools does one need?
please guide me, I shall be really grateful.
oh and yes, how do I close applications in this? normally when I press the Home button while an application is running, it takes me to the homescreen, but when I access the application that was previously running again, it starts right where it left off, suggesting that it didn't get shut down, instead it was just minimized....
By colennao in forum General
Last Post: 11-30-2011, 09:05 PM
By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
Last Post: 06-16-2011, 05:50 PM
By tignika in forum Genuine Mac Support
Last Post: 07-28-2009, 11:30 PM
By vasev in forum Free Toolchain Software
Last Post: 08-07-2008, 09:02 PM
By merc4ever88 in forum Free Toolchain Software
Last Post: 11-06-2007, 11:07 PM