Discuss iPhone 2G 2.0 -> 3.1? at the iPhone OS 3.x - Hackint0sh.org; I hv Pwnage's Custom restore file which is installed into 2 iPhone 2G successfully. But, ...
iPhone 2G 2.0 -> 3.1?
I hv Pwnage's Custom restore file which is installed into 2 iPhone 2G successfully. But, when I try to install into another iPhone (Locked 2.0 version), Pwnage's restore file (3.1) can't be install!
How can I do?
What's the error message? Did you try in DFU mode?
Originally Posted by WhiteScorpio
Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
---------- iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
Error 1604, tried in DFU mode.
Originally Posted by volkspost
May I restore it to 3.1 (Apple), and use Pwnage 3.1 to JB/unlock it with Custom 3.1?
Upgrading to 3.1 and then reloading pwnage custom 3.1 will work, but so should restoring directly to custom 3.1 so I don't think there is much point in trying that first. You can get 1604 error from a legit firmware as well.
The cause of 1604 can be various things. So there is not one single solution for this error.
- Validate you are using the correct firmware. You can get this if you are using an incompatible firmware (for example 3g ipsw on 2g iPhone).
- Restart your computer and try again.
- Try switching USB ports
- Create a new account on your machine that has admin rights and try with that account.
- Try another computer
- Check that ~/Library/iTunes/Device Support or %ApplicationData%\Apple Computer\iTunes\Device Support is empty and that you have write permissions to it.
- Try restore mode instead of DFU (especially if iPhone has been jailbroken before)
- Try everything applicable in the Apple troubleshooting document Update and restore alert messages on iPhone.
Now I got 2 iPhone 2G from my friends, one restore to 2.0, one restore to 3.1! I can't use upgrade because all of them are non-active. (non-JW and non-active) I hv try to restore custom 3.1 into those iPhone, iPhone 3.1 error is 1600; the iPhone 2.0 error is 1604.
Originally Posted by Olethros
I can do it with Redsn0w 0.8 now. Unlocked with 3.0.
Last edited by WhiteScorpio; 10-13-2009 at 07:52 AM.