Discuss [DOWNGRADE] Downgrade iPhone 3G 3.0 to 2.2.1 at the iPhone OS 3.x - Hackint0sh.org; I kept getting in recovery, instead of DFU...
DFU= nothing on the screen
Recovery= shows ...
I kept getting in recovery, instead of DFU...
DFU= nothing on the screen
Recovery= shows connect to itunes
Get it in DFU mode and then follow instructions!
DOWNGRADE TELKOMSEL iPHONE 3G OS 3.0 TO 2.2.1
1. Download iPhone1,2_2.2.1_5H11_Restore.ipsw (246,4MB)
2. Download PwnageTool.app V.2.2.5 (44,9MB)
3. Run PwnageTool.app -> click iPhone 3G -> click Expert Mode -> click General -> uncheck Activate the phone -> set partition size: 1100MB -> Bootneuter settings -> Cydia settings click Download packages click Refresh then select all click Add to queue wait until done then click Select packages click Select all -> Custom packages settings click Select all -> Custom logos settings click uncheck Boot logo click uncheck Recovery logo -> click Build -> your phone been pwned? click No -> Must process DFU Mode.
4. Open iTunes -> Hold alt(key) click Restore choose saved iPhone1,2_2.2.1_5H11_Custom_Restore.ipsw (392,5MB)
5. Ignore error 1013 -> Close I Tunes
6. Connect Internet -> Open iTunes
7. Modem Firmware 04.22.01 Activated Carrier SIM on 2.2.1
i tried everything and couldn't restore it, so i fu**ing bought apple developer..
god forbid you are running 3.0 legally!! Im willing to bet a lot of money that it was something as trivial as doing restore mode instead of dfu like you need to. Im going to venture a guess that you are an impulsive person, "lets install 3.0 without doing ANY research, oh it doesnt work, ill spend 100$ to fix it" I'm sorry i have no sympathy for people that do things so recklessly.
Originally Posted by GTiTokyo
Last edited by nitosoft; 04-18-2009 at 11:17 AM.
Need help Downgrade iPhone 1st gen 2G with legal 3.0 back to 2.2.1
I had a unlocked jailbreaked 2G with 2.2.1 and I accidentally ended up upgrading it this afternoon to the newly released 3.0 os. So my iphone is now locked. I have been trying eversince this after to downgrade it back to 2.2.1 but i keep getting a 1600 error message. When I connect to itunes a window pops up asking me to Activate the phone. I am able to put it into a DFU mode to restore it back to 2.2.1 but whenever i select this file: iPhone1,1_2.2.1_5H11_Restore the restore begins but then i end up with an 1600 error message. I have tried it on 2 pc's both running Vista and come up with the same result. Please help.
Please confirm your eMail or contact staff!
Downgrade iPhone 3.0 final version to 2.2.1
Originally Posted by Blackicenyc
You can still downgrade 2G iPhone to any firmware even 2.2.1 using my method
You will need ..
1-QuickPwnRC3 download from here ( iphone-hacks.com/downloads/file/138
2-2G Ipsw 2.0.2
These steps is to put the iPhone in a mode to allow iTunes to restore to lowers ipsw, if you do DFU the normal way iTunes will give all possibele errors such as 1600, 1601, 20 etc.
Now follow my steps..
A-Open QuickpwnRC3 and follw the steps and select 2.0.2 IPSW and when the screen turn to White color , unplug the USB ( Screen will remians White color).
D-iTunes will discover iphone in Recover mode.
E-Shift+Restore to 2.2.1
Itunes continues the restore process without any erorr
100% works on booth 2G-3G
Last edited by xtronic; 06-19-2009 at 02:10 PM.
Thanks, but it still does not work!!! When i select the Ipsw 2.0.2 file using the QuickpwnR3, it just hangs at the Browse for firmware screen. The arrow doesnt light up so that i can proceed to the next step. What else can i do?
It doesn't work, in step A QuicPwn will crash after ipsw selection and connecting to the device... any suggestions?
Originally Posted by xtronic
Last Post: 07-18-2008, 06:35 AM
By PmgR in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 02-02-2008, 01:47 PM
By shawnie53 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 11-20-2007, 11:41 AM
By Sticki in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 10-27-2007, 07:58 PM
By connecticut in forum General
Last Post: 09-30-2007, 05:30 PM