Discuss BootNeuter stuck at "determining current settings" at the iPhone OS 3.x - Hackint0sh.org; Hey guys,
I've been searching for a solution to my issue for a week now, ...
BootNeuter stuck at "determining current settings"
I've been searching for a solution to my issue for a week now, but none of the attempts have worked. I posted over on poor dlomonosov's thread, but it's rightfully about his problem, not mine. If anyone is willing to give me some help with my issue, I'd really appreciate it.
I'm trying to unlock a friend's iPhone 2G for use on the tmobile network. It's currently got an old, deactivated AT&T sim card in it, but he's planning on swapping that out once it's unlocked. The phone is jailbroken at 3.0 and activated, so far so good.
My main issue has been BootNeuter. Despite all of my attempts (and all of the ideas I've read in these forums), I still can't get past the "Determining current settings" phase of BootNeuter. Here's some information on my situation:
iphone 2G (need to UNLOCK for t-mobile)
- manufactured week 30, 2007
- modem firmware is 04_05_04_G
- bootloader is "unknown" (when using bbupdaterextreme)
- currently jailbroken at fw 3.0
redsn0w: jailbroke at 3.0 successfully, failed unlock at Bootneuter (frozen at "determining current settings" message)
- Occasionally, BootNeuter will give me an error "Need Repair: iPhone cannot make or receive calls." Once this message disappears, the screen remains at the "determining current settings" message.
Quickpwn 2.2.5: jailbroke at 2.2.1 successfully, failed unlock at Bootneuter
Quickpwn 2.2.1: jailbroke at 2.2.1 successfully, failed unlock at Bootneuter
Winpwn 2.5: jailbroke at 2.0.2 successfully, failed unlock at Bootneuter
kiphone: downgraded fw to 1.1.4 in attempt to "repair" baseband. Ran Debug Mode and Erase, then restored to 1.1.4. with iTunes. This had no effect on Bootneuter.
Turned off CommCenter:
- Tried two ways: turned on Airplane mode, waited 30 seconds, turned off Airplane mode and Bootneutered. Failed.
- Used Terminal and SSH to unload CommCenter. Tried to bootneuter, Failed.
iTunes: Have gone back to 7.5 in attempts to downgrade firmware to 1.1.4. Currently at 8.2 to allow redsn0w to jb 3.0.
- It sounds like my major issue is BootNeuter, or something that only BootNeuter is catching. Are there any workarounds for BootNeuter? I know there are other jailbreak/unlock options out there like yellowsn0w, ultrasn0w, purplera1n and purplesn0w, but they seem to be solely for the 3G and 3Gs and/or outdated. Is there another choice for unlocking?
- I read somewhere that if MobileTerminal freezes and jumps, your baseband is messed up. Is this the case?
- If these symptoms are indicative of a larger issue than just BootNeuter, how can I figure out what the issue is? Again, I've tried bbupdaterextreme and it gave me an "unknown" when queried about bootloader version.
Thanks for your time!
buddy. I had same issue. right after BootNeuter got stock, and I rebooted the phone and then I got the Repair Needed pop up. Then when I tried to go to BootNeuter app it would kick me out after determining settings would finish saying, failed to communicate with CommBoard. That is all in the past since I restored it with 7.5 itunes and 1.1.4 FW and now I am stuck in emergency call mode without JB on the phone of any sort, still missing all my firmware and I was unable to figure out how to use iliberty, Kiphone, Mobile Terminal, Total Commander, none. Do you still have all those mac addresses and firmware info on general settings page or yours is like mine as per my pics?
I haven't had any difficulties with my mac address or any other settings on the phone, other than being unable to determine my bootloader. The phone operates 100% normally, except for BootNeuter. I guess I should try to work my way back down to 1.1.4 again and kiphone it again, but that really didn't seem to have any effect whatsoever the last time I tried it.
Similar problem for me
I thought I was the only one with this problem. Except for me I get error #5 during Redsnow .8 (BootNeuter part where it flashes the BB to unlock). Then when phone reboots it is jailbroken but missing carrier, no service!
BBUpdaterExtreme tells me the same thing: Boot Loader Version: Unknown or None
So I take it it makes no sense to go back to 1.1.4 from 3.0.1? All I want is 3.0.1 jailbroken and unlocked. I have done 3 2g phones already and never had this problem.
So . . . .
Can anybody help us? It seems that BootNeuter causes issues for quite a lot of people with 2G phones. Are there any alternatives to BootNeuter for the purposes of unlocking?
stuck at BootNeuter
Come on, guys! Can't anyone help me out?
I'm pretty sure my baseband is ok. I've jailbroken successfully, but BootNeuter gives me a "Restore needed, iphone cannot make calls" error, then stays at "Determining Current Settings" until I cancel out of the program. What does this mean, and how can I get around it?
So i had this problem
1. restore on 3.0 or 3.0.1 on iTunes 8.2.1
2. restore on 2.2.1 on iTunes 8.0.2
3. restore on 1.1.4 on iTunes 7.5.0
4. If you have 1012,1013,1015 errors - you doesn't matter
Run ziphone patched by kiremik
5. check "Downgrade baseband" and "debug boot"
6. after all restore on 1.1.4 (without errors)
7. unlock and jailbreak with iLiberty+
8. restore on 2.2.1 on iTunes 8.0.2
9. unlock and jailbreak with QuickPWN 225
10. restore on 3.0 or 3.0.1 on iTunes 8.2.1
11. unlock and jailbreak with redsn0w 080
You may be sure that your baseband is OK, but you obviously don't understand that your baseband bootloader is required to update the baseband. The problem is not with bootneuter, it is with your Baseband bootloader which bootneuter needs to make changes to.
Originally Posted by BigChippah
The people who have fixed this have basically downgraded to OS 1.x, downgraded their baseband and then usually used another tool that reflashes the baseband bootloader (iLiberty plus) for example. Then they can upgrade to OS 3.x and use redsn0w to jailbreak and unlock. The hard part is working out which of the many steps were actually necessary.
Some iPhones have a combination of corrupted baseband and baseband bootloader that basically can't be fixed without taking the iPhone apart and physically reflashing the chip.
Please read the stickies & search forum before posting! How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter
Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!
For iphone 2G, there are 2 baseband bootloader version. Version 3.9 or 4.6.
For a permanent unlock, bootneuter can neuter both 3.9 and 4.6 and from there apply the baseband patch for unlock.
Bootneuter can also be used to change BL version and FakeBlank it (for certain thing such as wifi fix attemp).
If you friend's iphone never been unlocked and has firmware 3.0, I don't see how bootneuter can fail or how your baseband bootloader can be bad. Try turning airplane mode = on and run bootneuter to see if it will hang.
Downgrading the baseband is a bad idea when the phone does not have a problem (which I assume so because the iphone never been unlocked)
** If you just want to support hackint0sh.org with a donation click here **
Just curious if any of you were successful with these.
I have a strange 2G that not only refuses to get unlocked by Bootneuter (which says it is unlocked) but even after I got it officially unlocked by Apple/phone network it still says my network is "restricted".
The sim works in an identical iPhone, unlocked by Bootneuter.
By l0lcat in forum iPhone OS 3.x
Last Post: 08-02-2010, 12:58 PM
By xonder in forum PwnageTool
Last Post: 01-04-2010, 07:23 PM
By boi2gangster in forum Quickpwn
Last Post: 06-12-2009, 10:27 AM
Last Post: 10-20-2008, 02:48 PM
By mwkoblenz in forum PwnageTool
Last Post: 04-03-2008, 12:20 PM