I made it for 3g with 3.1.2, but still have problms
- First of all I did run Iphonelinux on my Iphone-3g 3.1.2.It took me two days and 3 times I restored iphone with ITunes.
- I had a problem with ./loadibec openiboot-XX.img3 It did nothing or send back errors to me until I rebuild loadibec.c from open source files. I used Ubuntu 9.10 and NetBeanse 6.8. As I understood the problem it was specials libusb-1.0 libs witch was specified for Ubuntu 9.10, cause even though I had all the packages installed at my Debian Lenny it still was an error of usb and libread... libs.
- When I run my new ./loadibec it works. I can see openiboot on my iphone screen then I run the old (comes with downloaded package) ./oibc it works as well... I made all the instructions ..installed and when I made a reboot My Iphone died =((( I got a black screen with no response from power and home buttons. That was very sad as you can image!!
- I have spent 3 hours to solve the problem... I put Iphone at DFU mode using Windows and Itunes and then I restored Iphone and It was working
- After all I made whole procedure one more time with the same ending.
- When I did it for the third time instead of usin reboot command I tried poweroff and Bingo!!! It showed me installed openiboot, I choose console and with basic procedure I run iphonelinux! I was very happy.
- NOW THE BAD PART!!! After all when I turned off Iphone it had the same problem - black screen with no response from power and home buttons!
(After dfu recovery I made iphone to be as good as new)
- Now guys I am trying to fix openIboot code. It seems to be iphone do not want to load it, my guess is that's cause of wrong memory address for openIboot to install and iphone 3.1.2 can not load it...
If you have questions feel free to ask