Discuss install iphone linux for noobs at the iPhone Linux (iDroid) - Hackint0sh.org; I may have found my problem in loadibec.c
I plug my ipod touch in recovery ...
I may have found my problem in loadibec.c
I plug my ipod touch in recovery mode...
[32379.976077] usb 5-3: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 14
[32380.111145] usb 5-3: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
# cat /sys/bus/usb/devices/5-3/idVendor
And if you take look at loadibec.c:
#define APPLE_VENDOR_ID 0x05AC
#define IPHONE_1_2_RECOVERY_PRODUCT_ID 0x1281
My ipod touch seems to have a different Product Id than what loadibec is looking for.
After fixing that I get:
Uploaded failed: 0xffffff92
Heh "uploaded failed". Oh well, I guess I feel a bit closer to getting this working.
I've gotten closer to make this work for me.
I had ancient firmware, and once I updated the usb idProduct number changed to what loadibec was originally looking for.
I was able to the openiboot screen up, select the openiboot console, and send commands to that console through my computer with oibc.
Unfortunately, I'm now stuck at the boot command. It just seems to hang there. I don't get a terminal or anything.
sincerely, I don't know why it's doing that. You would get much more support on the irc.osx86.hu irc /join #iphone-linux chat channel or /join #iphone
Originally Posted by FatsDT
I made it for 3g with 3.1.2, but still have problms
- First of all I did run Iphonelinux on my Iphone-3g 3.1.2.It took me two days and 3 times I restored iphone with ITunes.
- I had a problem with ./loadibec openiboot-XX.img3 It did nothing or send back errors to me until I rebuild loadibec.c from open source files. I used Ubuntu 9.10 and NetBeanse 6.8. As I understood the problem it was specials libusb-1.0 libs witch was specified for Ubuntu 9.10, cause even though I had all the packages installed at my Debian Lenny it still was an error of usb and libread... libs.
- When I run my new ./loadibec it works. I can see openiboot on my iphone screen then I run the old (comes with downloaded package) ./oibc it works as well... I made all the instructions ..installed and when I made a reboot My Iphone died =((( I got a black screen with no response from power and home buttons. That was very sad as you can image!!
- I have spent 3 hours to solve the problem... I put Iphone at DFU mode using Windows and Itunes and then I restored Iphone and It was working
- After all I made whole procedure one more time with the same ending.
- When I did it for the third time instead of usin reboot command I tried poweroff and Bingo!!! It showed me installed openiboot, I choose console and with basic procedure I run iphonelinux! I was very happy.
- NOW THE BAD PART!!! After all when I turned off Iphone it had the same problem - black screen with no response from power and home buttons!
(After dfu recovery I made iphone to be as good as new)
- Now guys I am trying to fix openIboot code. It seems to be iphone do not want to load it, my guess is that's cause of wrong memory address for openIboot to install and iphone 3.1.2 can not load it...
If you have questions feel free to ask
i have the same exact problem. Can you tell me how to recover from the dead black screen ???
Originally Posted by sasharef
By wilhelk in forum Installation
Last Post: 01-10-2010, 07:36 PM
By flunkyou2 in forum Distributions
Last Post: 04-12-2009, 04:52 PM
By judgejase in forum General
Last Post: 04-29-2008, 02:16 AM
By njkim in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 01-18-2008, 05:05 AM
By brownbagel in forum General
Last Post: 12-27-2007, 10:45 PM