Discuss New developer, need help getting started. at the iPhone Developer Exchange - Hackint0sh.org; Hi I'm 18 and a new college student I have a few macs running the ...
New developer, need help getting started.
Hi I'm 18 and a new college student I have a few macs running the latest software and would like to get into developing a game for iPhone I thought up I have a few questions
1. should I learn only objective c or is there more I should learn like c+?
2. what is a good place to start learning these coding methods? Were did u learn from?
3. what is the best program to create 3D models that are not to intense for iPhone I wanted to use cel shading? (moneys not an issue)
4. do I have to buy the sdk and dev package or is there a trial thing were I can test before I start writing my code?
5. is there anything you would like me to know ecspecially pertaining to developing a game?
Thanks a lot really need this info, I'll give u a promo code down the line when it's finished months from now I promise
thanks a mil.
PS - this is an app store app
I'd say jump right in. You can download the iPhone SDK from Apple (iPhone Dev Center - Apple Developer Connection) today and start messing with sample code in their editor and simulator. It's completely free and you'll only need to pay for a license when you want to test your app on your actual iPhone or iPod Touch.
1. Read CocoaDevCentral’s Learn Objective-C primer,
2. Watch Pragmatic Programmers’ free Getting Started with Xcode and Interface Builder screencast,
3. Subscribe to Stanford U’s CS193P iPhone Application Programming webcasts in iTunes. It's a class taught by Apple senior devs that'll introduce you to iPhone development.
As for game dev advice, I'd say come up with as simple of an idea as possible for your first game and then think of ways to make it even simpler. Game development is a long and grueling process, even with the simplest games--you don't want to burn out and you can always add more for your next game!
My iPhone Dev Blog
iFist - Our debut app!
and while your at it grab a copy of Xcode 3 Unleashed by Fritz Anderson and read over it a few times i just got my copy in today so i might actually learn something
Get the latest info for NoAccSplash Here
Currently it should work on iOS 4.x - 6.x
If you'd like to help extend its functionality, the source is also available.
By Thunder7102 in forum Installation
Last Post: 08-04-2011, 03:12 AM
By quilaho in forum Installation
Last Post: 06-28-2009, 05:59 PM
By badguy in forum Dual Booting
Last Post: 05-15-2009, 09:42 PM
By kirch21 in forum Installation
Last Post: 04-28-2009, 08:31 PM
By n0m0n_ in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 02-16-2008, 03:35 PM