Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40
Discuss [iPhone SDK] Apps Work w/o Certificate on 2.0 + Pwnage at the iPhone Developer Exchange - Hackint0sh.org; I've been round the following loop twice. The results were the same each time. I've ...
  1. #21
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Doesn't work for me. . .

    I've been round the following loop twice. The results were the same each time.

    I've Pwned the phone with 1.1.4 on it

    I've created a custom 1.1.4 using the default settings.

    I've restored the custom 1.1.4 image via iTunes (once someone pointed out the alt key).

    I've created a custom 1.2 from 2.0_Beta_5a225c_ipsw again using default settings

    I've restored the custom 1.2 image using iTunes.

    I've uploaded all of buildable Apple examples built with the latest Apple iPhone SDK to the custom 2.0 Beta iPhone.

    But when I run them they all start and then immediately shut down again.

    Any ideas anyone (apart from that I've accidentally uploaded the original rather than custom 1.2 image - no).


  2. #22
    Newbie Array omnivector's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    You have to copy the ones from the iPhone-os debug directory, not the iphone-simulator debug directory. If you copy those, you'll be trying to run x86 binaries on the phone (which won't work.)

  3. #23
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by omnivector View Post
    You have to copy the ones from the iPhone-os debug directory, not the iphone-simulator debug directory. If you copy those, you'll be trying to run x86 binaries on the phone (which won't work.)
    They were built for Device - Release and copied from the iphone-os release directory in the project. Anyway they started up and generally created their initial display before shutting down. Which surely they wouldn't do unless they were the arm version. Also, on the Mac, they have the no entry icon because they are not x86 versions.

  4. #24
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Something maybe changed

    I have some demo app from the first version, which worked fine on my 2.0 pwned iPhone. Now I try to create a new sample app from Xcode 3.1 (former one was from 3.0) and it says:

    Codesign error: no certificate for identifier "iPhone Developer" was found in your keychain

  5. #25
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Autoanswer:

    Once created the project, you just have to go to "project settings" and on "code signing identity" switch to "Device - iPhone OS 2.0"


  6. #26
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I am not using the xcode 3.1 download facility. I am building the code and then sftping the code across to the /Applications directory. The "No Certificate" message comes from the Build and Go option but a straight build does not do this. Since I have not got a certificate ....

    Mbroncano - I assume that your second comment was an answer to your first comment but did you then have success in running the apps built under the new SDK ? Assuming that you do not have a real Apple certificate (since you have a pwned 2.0) did you then succeed in getting Xcode 3.1 to install across the USB cable rather than using SFTP?

  7. #27
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sleeepy View Post
    I am not using the xcode 3.1 download facility. I am building the code and then sftping the code across to the /Applications directory. The "No Certificate" message comes from the Build and Go option but a straight build does not do this. Since I have not got a certificate ....

    Mbroncano - I assume that your second comment was an answer to your first comment but did you then have success in running the apps built under the new SDK ? Assuming that you do not have a real Apple certificate (since you have a pwned 2.0) did you then succeed in getting Xcode 3.1 to install across the USB cable rather than using SFTP?
    Yes, I'm using Xcode 3.1 to transfer and debug the applications and I don't have Apple cert. When I found the signing error messsage, I change the code signing identity in project settings. I realized that example applications from Apple didn't have that option set.

    I'm still trying to understand what's needed for signing, but erasing that option works!

  8. #28
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I moved my problem to a new thread as this thread, titled "[iPhone SDK] Apps Work w/o Certificate on 2.0 + Pwnage" isn't exactly the place to discuss that it doesn't work.

    It's now at
    [URL="http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=37152"]

    I suspect that my problem giving no signature causes the my apps not yo be signed at all, rather than being signed with some junk.

    Unfortunately xcode insists that you need 10.5.2 to sign (I'm 10.5.1) as it says that armv6 is required but I think that this is a red herring and am looking for alternative ways to sign the apps that would be compatible albeit with invalid signatures.

    When you say that erasing the option works [the "code signing identity"option?], do you mean that you can then build code, or that the code will go on and correctly execute on the device?

  9. #29
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sleeepy View Post
    I moved my problem to a new thread as this thread, titled "[iPhone SDK] Apps Work w/o Certificate on 2.0 + Pwnage" isn't exactly the place to discuss that it doesn't work.

    It's now at
    [URL="http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=37152"]

    I suspect that my problem giving no signature causes the my apps not yo be signed at all, rather than being signed with some junk.

    Unfortunately xcode insists that you need 10.5.2 to sign (I'm 10.5.1) as it says that armv6 is required but I think that this is a red herring and am looking for alternative ways to sign the apps that would be compatible albeit with invalid signatures.

    When you say that erasing the option works [the "code signing identity"option?], do you mean that you can then build code, or that the code will go on and correctly execute on the device?
    Does any example work for you? Examples have always worked for me.

    I'm running 10.5.2, btw.

    Erasing the options allows me both to build and run/debug the application on the device.

  10. #30
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elpopo View Post
    Oh, so or I have something messed up or missing or you have done something special or more.
    I have just done the basic procedure to get the 2.0 pwned. On the mac I have the Xcode 3.1 complete, and installed also the open toolchain.
    Attaching the iTouch, I exit then from iTunesbefore to switch to Xcode. I get the green button on organizer. But I get this strange error that seems to come from the iTouch.
    Only is not easy to get more info.....as you see this is what I get.

    Sun Apr 6 09:35:37 unknown kernel[0] <Debug>: shared_region: mapping[0]: address:0x00000000300b8000 size:0x00000000000b8000 offset:0x0000000000000000 maxprot:0x5 prot:0x5 failed 0x3

    Thanks again. One more curiosity. Your applications are ending in var/mobile/Applications? And you can see more than one right?

    Elpopo
    Solved!
    I reinstalled Xcode, I don't know if it was because I had it upgrading from well before the iPhone sdk or the open toolchain installed. After that I was able to communicate correctly with the iPod. Then I had still another error because I created manually the folder in mobile/Applications and the organizer didn't like it.
    Now everything works also with the organizer....
    Thanks to all,

    Elpopo


 

 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-28-2009, 01:57 PM
  2. [iPhone SDK] How to send apps to 2.0FW iPhone without certificate ?
    By priyankranka in forum iPhone Developer Exchange
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-28-2008, 08:57 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-20-2008, 12:35 AM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-09-2008, 12:30 PM
  5. [iPhone SDK] Running SDK compiled apps without a certificate
    By nfotx in forum iPhone Developer Exchange
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-30-2008, 12:20 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:10 AM.
twitter, follow us!