Discuss [Firmware] 2.0 Beta Bugs at the iPhone Developer Exchange - Hackint0sh.org; I successfully Pwned my iphone with the firmware 2.0 BETA. Its working fine except for ...
[Firmware] 2.0 Beta Bugs
I successfully Pwned my iphone with the firmware 2.0 BETA. Its working fine except for a few things:
1) The contact list fast search option using the alphabet is not working and the scrolling of the contacts is not as smooth.
2) The network will not disconnect after pressing "Forget this network" although it does really forget about it. You need to turn off Wifi and then turn it on again to disconnect from the network.
3) The Cisco IPSec VPN is not working with me.
4) The AppStore and the iTunes Store are not showing.
5) When you open the Camera Application there is a small delay of time before the shutter animation opens up and gives you the ability to use the camera.
Those are the ones I noticed in the first 3 hours. Hopefully I wouldn't find anymore.
If anyone has this stuff working fine, which means that the problem is specific to me, please reply telling me about it.
Any noticeable things with the iPod or safari apps?
Chief of Administration
iPhone Dev Team
I posted my list before somwhere but hey, again:
- refresh only works inside the mailbox
- sometimes connects forever (reminds me of leopard beta mail.app), no way out than reboot
- if you go back to locked and than go back, mailbox is empty and named **orphaned
- Sometimes enters the call screen and stays black
- random lockups
- if sms arrives during call might cause strange behavior
- contact apps sometimes flash in forground upon call or end (if you made your call out of it)
- after callign sometimes shows WiFi in status bar, even if there is none
- DB is SLOW
- random lockups
- dictionary is fucked up
- random lockups on using multiple windows
- crashs quite often on sites containing flash or video
- sometimes locks up the device, no way out.. edge spins forever
- new page causes lock ups as well, only home works to escape
- sometimes plays silence on mp3
- in 2.0 drm works but sometimes fails to playback
- might cause lockup on switching between songs too fast
- coverflowing forward and backwards might cause lockup
Phone in general:
- to heavy use of power and hoem button in no time causes strange behaviour
- system is slow
... ok thats the few I remember, using that since apple release.
Safari and iPod work fine till now. No noticeable problem with them but I just noticed some new things with contacts:
1) If you scroll through the contacts fast enough, you can actually scroll sideways too and not just up and down. It is not very noticeable as it only scrolls about 2 or 4 letters.
2) In contacts it doesn't really show my number on top like it used to do with versions before that.
3) Contacts Applications crashes randomly sometimes. I think its when it has more than it can handle. For example, if you scroll very fast or press too many buttons faster than usual.
Has anybody tried to relocate fonts, ringtones, and apps like we could in 1.1.4 to free up some space on the OS Partition to see if the made things run smoother??? Just a thought.
ActiveSync currently only working with Exchange 2003. Exchange 2007 does not pull any data. Nothing useful in the log other than it doesn't go any further than submitting a provision post to the activesync URL.
I tried 1.2 but after it restored it had a purple screen and emergency call, now when I try to go back 1604 error lol errrrrr....and yes it was pwned
Contacts, Calender both synced up fine with outlook wireless, company email is pushed also, im on t-mobile us.
Originally Posted by webtoker
How are you getting the phone call / edge data features to work at all? I just see no carrier in my top/left. Mind you I'm running 2.0, not 1.2.
Originally Posted by sam
What I've done so far:
- Pwned phone (1.1.4 OOB)
- Created a pre-activated iPhone 2.0 image using Pwnage
- Flashed pre-activated firmware onto phone
I'm not sure how (some) people are managing to get voice/edge features to work.
I did the exact same thing with my iPhone and it works just fine with some errors but not in the voice or edge till now. I do need to mention that my phone is not 1.1.4 OOB. I upgraded to 1.1.4.
Originally Posted by omnivector
By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
Last Post: 06-24-2009, 08:10 AM
By alag20 in forum iPhone 3G
Last Post: 07-25-2008, 06:27 PM
By alag20 in forum General
Last Post: 07-25-2008, 06:25 PM
By geircito in forum General
Last Post: 07-11-2008, 04:37 PM
By rvashi in forum iPhone Developer Exchange
Last Post: 06-04-2008, 10:13 PM