iPhone 4 Factory unlocked activation
I got today an iPhone 4, bought from US from a trusty source, which said it was factory unlocked, also the receipt says factory unlocked. On the back of the box it says AT&T, but everyone assured me that it is factory unlocked.
I live in Romania and today I got the package with the phone which was sealed.
- I opened it and it gave me the emergency screen.
- I connected it to itunes (with the at&t sim in it) and the emergency screen disappeared and opened the home screen which said 'waiting for activation' (I didn't click dismiss yet)
- On the computer, I created a new profile for my phone and I got the usual screen with the update and restore buttons. The 'waiting for activation' message was still on the screen.
- I changed the sim card with one from a Romanian carrier and I get no signal..
From my point of view, I think there are 2 possibilities:
1. The iphone is not factory unlocked (I don't think that's the case because I bought it from a very trusty source, I payed more than the locked one and the receipt from at&t says factory unlocked)
2. I should activate the phone in United States so the 'waiting for activation' changes into 'iphone is now activated' (or whatever the message is) and then bring the phone in Romania and replace the sim card.
I would really apreciate any help, I intended to buy many iphones, but now I don't know what to do.
I offer one iphone with the price I am buying it to the person who helps me solve this problem