Discuss Tethering on 3.1.2 3GS at the iPhone 3GS - Hackint0sh.org; wanted to write some new instructions to get tethering enabled. For ATT people only. ( ...
Tethering on 3.1.2 3GS
wanted to write some new instructions to get tethering enabled. For ATT people only. ( currently working on one-for-all ipcc file to make it a universal hack but i need people to send me their ipcc)
1. Download this RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
2. Close iTunes and open terminal
3. type "defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool TRUE" (without quotes)
4. Plug in iPhone, and open up itunes
5. Hold alt/option key then press update button. this will make a dialog box appear.
6. select the ipcc file you downloaded. then wait for it to update (30 sec)
7. unplug phone and restart.
Done, enjoy and report any issues here or on my twitter @viciousmangina
Is this a customized 5.6 ipcc? I ask because I believe iTunes will always ask you to update your carrier file if it's anything less than 5.6. I've played around with carrier files myself...just never understood how to add the tethering feature.
Another cool feature that AT&T actually disables on their ipcc's is the MMS group mode. It can also be enabled via the ipcc file.
By ViciousMangina in forum General
Last Post: 02-02-2010, 07:45 PM
By derekbrownis in forum iPhone OS 3.x
Last Post: 06-18-2009, 03:02 PM
By cjwj in forum iPhone Developer Exchange
Last Post: 06-17-2009, 11:50 PM
Last Post: 09-15-2008, 06:14 AM