Untethered Jailbreaking and Unlocking iphone
First of all I would like to say thanks in advance to anyone and everyone who answers my questions. I know some people would say to read and google more about these questions which I already have before coming here and asking these questons. Unfortunately, I was not able to get any clear answers to some of these questions for someone who is trying to jailbreak and unlock an iphone which has never jailbroken and lock before.
So here are my phones specs as of now:
built: week 50 of 2009 (according to 3,4,5 digit of serial #,, xx950xxxx)
So here are my questions:
1. I understand that there is a untethered jailbreak for ios 5.1.1 now using redsn0w 0.09.12 b2. So should I update my ios using OTA or itunes or should I download the ios and update it manually using the "restore" button on itune?
2. Since I am not unlock and still on baseband 5.16.05 and will need to change it to ipad baseband, is there any need for me to create a custom ipsw and restore to custom ipsw?
3. Before, I start jailbreaking process, do I need to have my wifi setup and configured or will my phone ask me to set it up?
4. The new version of redsn0w 0.09.12 b2 has the new jailbreaking method where you don't have to put your phone in the dfu mode, can I use that to jailbreak first and then once jailbroken then go back to install ipad baseband? or will the new jailbreaking method won't work in my case?
5. In my case if I have to use the old dfu method to jailbreak and install ipad baseband, should I do jailbreak and ipadbaseband at the same time or should I jailbreak first and then once jailbroken go back to only install ipad baseband?
6. If I have to use the old dfu method to jailbreak, will I have to run Rocky Racoon to untether or has it been integrated in the new version of redsnow 0.09.12 b2 and will by default install Rocky Racoon and untether ios 5.1.1?
7. During the jailbreaking and unlocking process do I need to have a sim card in the phone? I do have a sim card from the service provider that the phone is currently locked to but the sim card is not activated anymore, therefore, it does not receive any signal.
8. If I do need to have a sim card (regardless of the sim card being activated or not) in the phone during the jailbreaking process, should I take it out while changing to ipad baseband or before I install ultrasn0w to unlock?
9. After I install ultrasn0w, will the phone reboot? And after it reboots do I have to have the sim card inserted of the service provider that I want to use the phone with or can I insert a sim card at a later time and it will work?
I do not want to brick my iphone and your help with the above questions will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much.