stange stuck in DFU
yesterday i got a 3GS 16GB with 3.1.2 and 5.11.07.. what i wanted to do was to reinstall 3.1.2 (didnīt know, that this wont work because 3.1.3 is out and itunes wont allow me to do so)..
so i decided to create a customFW with pwnage315.. and so i did after finishing with creating FW i did the DFU-thing (home+power...) pwnage said loding payload and finally said, i should restore in itunes...
then of course i tried to restore in itunes but itunes said it is not possible, cause this version is not blabla.. but during this my iphone got into DFU mode (black screen)...
i tried to get it out of the DFU with:
info: the bootrom is NEW
1) home+popwer button / different methods --> nothing happened.. screen still black
2) i downloaded iRecovery, but iRecovery didnt find the iphone, because it was in DFU not in recovery...
3) i tried to get it out of DFU with ih8tesnowīs kickback function -- nothing happened
4) THEN i started a standard-restore 3.1.3 till the FW is checked by apple and plugged out the usb-cable, when iphone display got white!
5) after doing #4 iRecovery recognized the phone, but again nothing happened after giving the commands "setenv auto-boot true / saveenv / boot" it seems to me that this recovery mode isnīt correct, because i got othing back for tht command "printenv" ??
6) after reading a lot.. i found the last-glitch method to restore to 3.1.3 without updating baseband.. i did as it was described.. got the error 6, which is also okay in the howto, but then the phone should be in recovery but mine is again in the same DFU-mode as before..
7) i also tried to send a iBSS file with iRecovery to get into a correct DFU, where i can get out in some way, but NOTHING HELPED..
if someone has any ideas????
New bootrom does not support pwnagetool custom IPSW at all. This is clearly documented on the post announcing pwnagetool 3.1.5. If you load this you MUST restore original IPSW (with SHSH) to fix the problem. You can try the last ditch technique (delete LLB) as outlined here:
Originally Posted by lordvampire
Please note that http://wikee.iphwn.org/howto:removellb is under pretty heavy load right now as the same site hosts the only 4.0 jailbreak (redsn0w for 3G iPhones and 2G ipod touch)