(not safe - do not attempt) Fixing 3GS stuck in recovery/DFU mode!!!
Hi guys, for any of you tried to use spirit2pwn or blackrain or wtever reason ur iphone 3gs turned into a brick, here's my solution after researching a whole day on the internet and trying to restore my iphone for like million times!!!
!!!!!PLEASE FINISH READING THE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE YOU DO IT!!!!!!
Here's the solution (NOTE!! tht this won't bring ur jailbroken os back but at least it turns ur iphone back to a PHONE!)
1. connect ur iphone to a mac.
2. wait till it pops up the restore message, then click restore(offical restore)
3. click restore and update
4. wait till it finished downloading the ios4
5. when it shows "Extract software for update", unplug ur cable
6. when it shows "Verifying iphone....", plug the cable back
7. now ur iphone should flash once and the apple logo should pop up!!
8. wait till the restore finishes.
I know this is not a very helpful method coz it restores ur iphone to the latest OS but then I was so frustrated coz i wasnt able to use my iphone at all since it's stuck in dfu mode.... well at least now i could use it as a phone....
hope this helps....