boot loop of my own creation
n1ckn4m3, dtube, Olethros, and everyone else who has helped:
Thank you all very much for your time, effort, and help to the plethora of people not only here at hackint0sh, but several other forums as well.
After searching and researching for over 2 weeks now, and having tried several "solutions", each time crossing my fingers and hoping for a successful boot, I have decided to hopefully get in touch with one or all of you in a thread that is still somewhat active.
-iPhone 3GS 16gb
-originally redsn0w jailbroken
-Does NOT have OpenSSH installed
-Have SHSHs on file with Saurik
-Have legitimate AT&T sim which activates (original/current carrier is AT&T)
-Have access to both a Mac and a Windows PC.
-Don't know how to code, but willing to and able to use terminal if given precise instructions to follow.
-I didn't have time to unlock my phone before leaving the country on a trip so attempted to do so away from home without my 3G or Wifi.
-Looked online and sought to somehow reverse tether the internet I had on my laptop (via LAN cable in my hotel room) to my iPhone but no luck.
-Came across instructions on how to "manually unlock with blacksn0w" by using DiskAid and inserting blacksn0w.dylib and replacing com.apple.CommCenter.plist in the correct folder destinations.
-Upon following the instructions which were to reboot the device after successful transfer of the aforementioned files, my phone became stuck in a reboot loop of less than 2 minutes between each loop.
Attempted solutions (chronologically):
1. b33j's "beejsn0w/modified redsn0w" fix that he created to revive his wife's iPhone (The app ran successfully and my iPhone responded accordingly but the only effect was that it made the time interval between each reboot longer than before.)
2. sn0wbreeze 3.1.2 NOR only restore (After reading a bunch of stuff I was under the impression of doing a NOR-only restore would fix all boot files, leaving my NAND and data intact..couldn't find an older version of sn0wbreeze that was meant for 3.0 so tried 3.1.2 out of desperation/hope but no luck.)
3. blackra1n + iTunes forceboot attempt (Came across this thread, haven't had the chance to do it for more than an hour so far but will try to leave it on for the whole day tomorrow.)
4. redsn0w-modified (As posted by DsurioN at http://www.hackint0sh.org/542317-post52.htm) (Ran it with only "Install Cydia selected"; no effect).
5. b33j's "beejsn0w fix" again (no effect again)
6. redsn0w-modified again (This time with "Already pwned" selected in addition to "Install Cydia" as well; again, no effect).
-Can still get the phone into both recovery and DFU modes.
-iTunes still recognizes the phone in recovery and I can do restores.
-Still in a reboot loop (although time interval between loops are much longer than original loops were)
-I unfortunately lost my backup since my computer decided to conveniently crash as well (no backup for my iPhone's backup...) and thus am desperate to get all my photos, contacts, notes, and everything else back.. I was originally hoping to just somehow be able to access and copy over the appropriate files but without a bootup, none of the many programs I have tried will recognize the device (i.e. DiskAid, iPhones Browser, iPhones Folder, iPhones Explorer, and a few others).
If someone were able to recode/rework the modified redsn0w which DsarioN provided to delete the blacksn0w.dylib file instead of the com.apple.CommCenter.plist, would it theoretically fix this entire problem? Otherwise, is there a program/method out there to transfer the data I wish to save without a proper boot?
THANK YOU SO MUCH for any and all advice/help/solutions/insight/anything!