1600 error when trying to restore with custom firmware
I don't know if it's the right place to post this, but as I'm also getting the 1600 error when trying to restore, I hope it is... :)
So, here's my situation:
I have an iPhone 3GS with fw 3.1.3, bb 05.12.01 and new bootloader. I'm stuck at the emergency call screen because I cannot activate it via iTunes (I don't have the official carrier sim).
I was thinking that maybe a restore with a custom firmware (activated one) will somehow fix my problem and I can at least use my device as an iPod (until an unlock will be available for either 3.1.3 or 4.0 when released).
I downloaded an activated fw with 3.1.3 but when trying to restore via iTunes I get the 1600 error.
So, I have few questions about the process:
1. Do I need to trick iTunes to communicate with saurik's server (as I have the 3.1.3 blobs saved there) or I should leave the hosts file untouched (iTunes communicating with apple server)?
2. Is it actually possible to perform a custom restore on a Windows 7 machine? (maybe it's a silly question but hey, I'm kinda' beginner in this)
3. Maybe I'm missing something in the whole restore process.. Anybody sees something strange in the process:
- Connect iPhone to iTunes
- Turn off iPhone
- Put iPhone in DFU mode
- Shift+Restore in iTunes with custom firmware
- get error 1600
- I have to mention again that at the moment the iPhone is NOT activated (I'm at the emergency call screen)
- The device was jailbroken in the past with blackra1n
Thanks in advance