Discuss Need help with 3gs 3.1.3 downgraded to 3.1.2 at the iPhone 3GS - Hackint0sh.org; Originally Posted by Olethros
Are you on windows? On mac or linux you can simply ...
Update: NVM people.
I figured it out.
I forgot that LibUsb-Win32 needs to be run in compatibility mode.
Its looks like its sorted now
i hope someone can give me some guidance here,briefly i am in a similair position to the topic starter,had to install 3.1.3 through itunes but had my shsh for 3.1.2 on file so even though i am not very computer literate i searched and managed to downgrade back to 3.1.2 using the shsh of sauriks server,then installing it twice with the same error 1015 i jailbroke it but ended up without a carrier signal so assumed it needs activating in itunes.
from what i can gather after reading this thread i should use irecovery straight after getting the 2 x 1015 errors and before jailbreak.this is where i am now unstuck,i have downloaded the irecovery file to my desktop,then i have gone into terminal and when have gone through the instructions,however after i have inputted fsboot it doesnt do anything????
here is a shot of the window.......
:: iBoot for n88ap, Copyright 2009, Apple Inc.
:: BUILD_TAG: iBoot-636.66
:: BUILD_STYLE: RELEASE
:: USB_SERIAL_NUMBER: CPID:8920 CPRV:15 CPFM:03 SCEP:03 BDID:00 ECID:00000 IBFL:01 SRNM:[8494546X3NR]
[FTL:MSG] Apple NAND Driver (AND) RO
[NAND] Found Chip ID 0x3295DE457A on FMI0:CE0
[NAND] Found Chip ID 0x3295DE457A on FMI0:CE1
[NAND] Found Chip ID 0x3295DE457A on FMI1:C8
[NAND] Found Chip ID 0x3295DE457A on FMI1:CE9
[FTL:MSG] FIL_Init [OK]
[FTL:MSG] BUF_Init [OK]
[FTL:MSG] FPart Init [OK]
read new style signature 0x43313133 (line:375)
[FTL:MSG] VSVFL Register [OK]
[FTL:MSG] VFL Init [OK]
[FTL:MSG] VFL_Open [OK]
[FTL:MSG] YAFTL Register [OK]
[FTL:MSG] FTL_Open [OK]
Boot Failure Count: 0 Panic Fail Count: 1
Entering recovery mode, starting command prompt
what am i not doing?anyone...the iphone screen just stays on recovery connect to itunes,i am guessing that irecovery should reboot the devise.i have searched and spent hours studying to get to the stage where i am at now but think i now have information overload.
Run blackra1n or redsn0w to kickstart the 3GS boot process. Your serial number suggests that you possibly have the new bootrom. (week 45)
Originally Posted by ianh
Other than that.. (if you are sure you have old bootrom)
Try the following in iRecovery.
Then restart the phone.
setenv auto-boot true
Please read the stickies & search forum before posting! How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter
Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!
thanks for the info.i was up till late searching and searching and then found this easy to understand tutorial that i will paste below in case its of some use to anyone else,its wrote in a simple way that i could understand what it was saying.the trouble with installing the jailbreak whilst its in recovery is that it doesnt get activated so theres no carrier signal hence why i needed to boot using irecovery but could not understand how to do this,i got it to a certain point then couldnt go any further,as you rightly say i needed to put
setenv auto-boot true
but i wouldnt have had a clue how to do that so i would have just asked you how do i do this,anyhow its all done now and working great,for the benefit of others heres easy instructions.
Hi to all of the people that are suffering from the No Service issue after downgrading your 3GS (new or old Bootrom) 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 . After suffering a couple of hour's with the No Service issue, i finally got everything back in place(Back to 3.1.2, jailbroken and iPhone activated via itunes) after accidentally upgrading to 3.1.3 .
Please follow carefully, as most of what should be done had already been mentioned in previous posts/forums :
P.S you should have made a backup on Saurik's server via Cydia, otherwise, i'm sorry to tell you that you can not proceed with the downgrade to 3.1.2
1. First of all download/save to your computer firmware 3.1.2 for your iphone, can be downloaded from here Download the new iPhone 3.1.2 Firmware | Redmond Pie .
2. Edit your computer Host to fake iTunes and make it believe it's communicating with Apple, but instead make it communicate with Saurik's server. Follow this link to show you have to edit your host file for mac How to edit the hosts file in Mac OS X – Leopard Decoding the Web .
3. Add 184.108.40.206 gs.apple.com to the end of the file and save the file and while the Terminal is open and you've already exited the host file, type dscacheutil -flushcache and hit enter.
4. Now put your iPhone in DFU mode, i would like to emphasis that you should put it in DFU mode not Recovery mode. Follow this like to know how to get it in DFU mode What is Difference Between Recovery Mode and DFU Mode | iPhone 3G S .
5. For Mac press on the Option key on your keyboard and then click restore on iTunes. Specify where you've saved the downloaded 3.1.2 firmware in step 1 .
6. While restoring, an error 1015 will occur, don't panic!! let the iphone reboot and the Connect to iTunes screen appear.
7. When stuck on the Connect to iTunes screen, download iRecovery from here iHackintosh iRecovery Package for Windows & Mac.rar .
*8.1 To start iRecovery on mac, simply open the command line applicaiton(Terminal), and then DRAG the iRecovery file from the location you've extracted it and DROP it inside the Terminal window and add to the end of the command line that is automatically written '-s' so it should be 'irecovery -s'.
**8.2 To start iRecovery on windows, first extract the iRecovery to the root directory "c: " of your hard disk, then run the exe file 'libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.12.2.exe' already contained in the archive downloaded in step 7, then open windows command line application 'cmd' and type 'irecovery -s' while you are at c:
*** Note for Windows users : BEFORE INSTALLING libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.12.2, right click the file and set it to run under compatibility mode for Windows xp sp2. Thanks to gangsta415 and pappajohn for pointing that out, as i'm not a windows person
9. When you are left with command line empty, type in the following :
setenv auto-boot true "hit enter"
saveenv "hit enter"
/exit "hit enter"
10. Reboot your iPhone by pressing and holding the sleep/power button and the home button until the iPhone display turn off.
11. Have a SIM card inserted in your iPhone.
12. While the iPhone is still connected to your computer and iTunes running, Start your iPhone normally by pressing on the Sleep/Power button.
12. Wait until the iPhone get ACTIVATED by iTunes and then you can jailbreak it by any method you'd like (I prefer BlackraIn).
Hoping that i've made someone's day and that my instructions was easy to follow. Kindly post me your feedback.
Enjoy your back to life jailbroken and activated 3.1.2 iPhone 3GS.
By SheepMekk in forum General
Last Post: 07-27-2008, 03:10 PM
By Bartar in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 03-07-2008, 05:57 PM
By Emirate in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 03-02-2008, 08:10 PM
By breamy in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 12-20-2007, 04:38 PM
By tymphillips in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 10-02-2007, 01:15 AM