Results 1 to 8 of 8
Discuss Itunes says: “There is a problem with your Iphone” at the iPhone 3GS - Hackint0sh.org; ...
  1. #1
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Itunes says: “There is a problem with your Iphone”

    Hi everyone. My case may seem a bit too long, sorry about that.

    So I got this Iphone 3gs 32gb in Shanghai, China. As some of you may now, Iphones which are sold in China officially have Wifi disabled, so the grey market is full of Iphones which are taken apart, modified (Wifi added, 16gb upgraded to 32gb), jailbreaked and unlocked. That’s the kind I got. It had Cydia out-of-the-box, 3.1.3 firmware. So I used it for a while without problems, never cared to save shsh (didn’t even know about it that time), until one unhappy day I upgraded to stock 4.0.1.

    Since then all I get connecting to Itunes is this message: “"There is a problem with your Iphone. We're sorry, the iphone you connected maybe be damaged and cannot be activated for service”

    I tried several AT&T sim card and universal activation card (got that from dealextreme) with no result.
    Custom 4.0.1 ipsw made with pwnage tool bundle didn’t work because the phone is not jailbreaked now (correct me if I’m wrong)

    Here are the specs:
    Model: MB715LL/A
    Name: iPhone
    Baseband: 05.13.04 - 6.4_M3S2
    Serial: 83936….
    BTW when I tried to check SN on apple website, I got this: “We're sorry, but this is a serial number for a product that has been replaced”

    So the question is…any ideas to get it back to life?? If not, is there any kind of software coming which could solve the case? Like, hactivated 4.0.1 which won’t need a jailbreak or something?



  2. #2
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proshot View Post
    Hi everyone. My case may seem a bit too long, sorry about that.

    So I got this Iphone 3gs 32gb in Shanghai, China. As some of you may now, Iphones which are sold in China officially have Wifi disabled, so the grey market is full of Iphones which are taken apart, modified (Wifi added, 16gb upgraded to 32gb), jailbreaked and unlocked. That’s the kind I got. It had Cydia out-of-the-box, 3.1.3 firmware. So I used it for a while without problems, never cared to save shsh (didn’t even know about it that time), until one unhappy day I upgraded to stock 4.0.1.

    Since then all I get connecting to Itunes is this message: “"There is a problem with your Iphone. We're sorry, the iphone you connected maybe be damaged and cannot be activated for service”

    I tried several AT&T sim card and universal activation card (got that from dealextreme) with no result.
    Custom 4.0.1 ipsw made with pwnage tool bundle didn’t work because the phone is not jailbreaked now (correct me if I’m wrong)

    Here are the specs:
    Model: MB715LL/A
    Name: iPhone
    Baseband: 05.13.04 - 6.4_M3S2
    Serial: 83936….
    BTW when I tried to check SN on apple website, I got this: “We're sorry, but this is a serial number for a product that has been replaced”

    So the question is…any ideas to get it back to life?? If not, is there any kind of software coming which could solve the case? Like, hactivated 4.0.1 which won’t need a jailbreak or something?
    You should have stayed on the pwnagetrain or backed up your SHSH. Hacktivation is possible as long as you kept on using custom IPSW.

    Now that you have restored stock apple IPSW - you are unable to hacktivate without first downgrading to iOS 3.1.2 (which you can't do without a SHSH)

    The near future seems to be mostly userland jailbreaks that require you to first legit activate with Apple. So I doubt that the upcoming 4.1 jailbreak will help either.
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  3. #3
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    i got the exactly same problem as you.. i bought an iphone 3gs 32gb from hongkong and just upgraded to 4.0.1.. now my iphone is in 'emergency call only' mode and can't be activated.. maybe the iphone in china and hongkong all have the same problem..

    itunes said the same thing 'There is a problem with your Iphone. We're sorry, the iphone you connected maybe be damaged and cannot be activated for service'

    i think the only way is to jailbreak it, but no recent methods worked..

    any other solution?? thanks in advance..

  4. #4
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loki134 View Post
    i got the exactly same problem as you.. i bought an iphone 3gs 32gb from hongkong and just upgraded to 4.0.1.. now my iphone is in 'emergency call only' mode and can't be activated.. maybe the iphone in china and hongkong all have the same problem..

    itunes said the same thing 'There is a problem with your Iphone. We're sorry, the iphone you connected maybe be damaged and cannot be activated for service'

    i think the only way is to jailbreak it, but no recent methods worked..

    any other solution?? thanks in advance..
    Have seen another report of the same type of problem. The phone was from china and had been hardware modified to activate wifi and unlock it.

    It's likely the hardware modification to enable wifi (chinese iPhones are shipped without wifi) that is triggering this behaviour.

    There is no software solution - unless you stayed on the pwnagetrain when you went to 4.0.1
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  5. #5
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olethros View Post
    Have seen another report of the same type of problem. The phone was from china and had been hardware modified to activate wifi and unlock it.

    It's likely the hardware modification to enable wifi (chinese iPhones are shipped without wifi) that is triggering this behaviour.

    There is no software solution - unless you stayed on the pwnagetrain when you went to 4.0.1
    is there really no solution?? hardware change maybe??
    i think it just need to be jailbroken,, in the future will there be another method to jailbreak the new bootrom iphone 3gs??


  6. #6
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loki134 View Post
    is there really no solution?? hardware change maybe??
    i think it just need to be jailbroken,, in the future will there be another method to jailbreak the new bootrom iphone 3gs??
    There is no direct low level jailbreak for 4.0.1 on a 3GS.
    Jailbreakme and spirit are not low level jailbreaks and both require activation with Apple before you can use these jailbreaks.

    The only low level jailbreak possibility for old bootrom 3GS that were low level jailbroken on 3.1.2 or earlier and then stayed on the pwnagetrain (never restoring original apple IPSW)

    Because you jumped off the pwnagetrain by loading 4.0.1 - you cannot get back on again.
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  7. #7
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    i have a 3G 16gb and i am encountering the same problem.

    can i use redsn0w and jailbreak to get it working again?

  8. #8
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jgao_ View Post
    i have a 3G 16gb and i am encountering the same problem.

    can i use redsn0w and jailbreak to get it working again?
    Do you have the same problem or do you have a similar problem?

    Redsn0w should be able to jailbreak and hacktivate the phone but if you get the "there is a problem with your iPhone message" that usually means a hardware problem.

    Post your iPhone restore log, that might help identify if you really do have the same problem this http://www.hackint0sh.org/f137/130802.htm
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Problem Sync ITunes - Iphone
    By lrollin in forum General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-03-2008, 10:31 PM
  2. [Problem][1.1.4]iPhone not found by iTunes
    By Ignorants in forum General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-05-2008, 10:51 PM
  3. [1.1.2][iTunes] There Is A Problem With Your Iphone
    By chrispyb in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-31-2008, 05:34 AM
  4. [Problem] iTunes can't recognize my iPhone
    By davy4475 in forum General
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-27-2007, 03:50 PM
  5. Problem with iTunes and iPhone
    By Jrdan24 in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-13-2007, 01:10 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:31 AM.
twitter, follow us!