Results 1 to 7 of 7
Discuss iPhone keeps shutting down at the iPhone 3GS - Hackint0sh.org; Hi Everyone When I was travelling to Singapore 2 months back, I bought a factory ...
  1. #1
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default iPhone keeps shutting down

    Hi Everyone
    When I was travelling to Singapore 2 months back, I bought a factory unlocked iphone from there. It was working fine till yesterday and I am totally addicted to it know.
    Yesterday when I was driving, my wife checked the phone and found that there were horizontal lines all over the screen and it had hung. Because I did not know how to do the hard reset we waited for the battery to get discharged, after that we charged and it got switched on.

    After switching on I found that after a little bit of use the phone keep shutting down. After that I need to do hard reset and then it will come back up after 10 minutes or so. I tried restoring the firmware (even restoring just worked in 3 out of 20 attempts), but it did not work. However, as long as the phone is on, it keeps working perfectly.

    I will be able to go to singapore only next month. Do you think this is a software problem or a hardware problem? In case this is a software problem I will keep on trying, otherwise will wait for next month.

    Seeking your help

    Anand



  2. #2
    Supporter Array

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    168
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Apple will replace a 'factory unlocked' iPhone worldwide, it does not have to be in the country of original purchase. (They do restrict this policy for carrier locked iPhones i.e. an O2 UK iPhone can only be warrantied in the UK) You should be able to have yours replaced under warranty where ever you are. If no store locally you can use the online Apple support to arrange service.

  3. #3
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scudder View Post
    Apple will replace a 'factory unlocked' iPhone worldwide, it does not have to be in the country of original purchase. (They do restrict this policy for carrier locked iPhones i.e. an O2 UK iPhone can only be warrantied in the UK) You should be able to have yours replaced under warranty where ever you are. If no store locally you can use the online Apple support to arrange service.
    Hi,
    Are you sure about this. When I talked to customer care, they mentioned that it can be serviced only in Singapore

  4. #4
    Supporter Array

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    168
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    'Apple may restrict service to the country where Apple or its authorized distributors originally sold the hardware product' taken from limited warranty conditions.

    The word 'may' is open here. You have to argue your case with Apple that you are a World traveller and bought a SIM free handset on the basis that you would be roaming and that Singapore was not necessarily your home. You did not enter into any local contract.
    They can of course tell you to mail it to country of origin... really at the discretion of your local Apple support.
    It has been mentioned here that if you have Applecare or take it out and then tell them you have moved country then you could be covered, but that is moot in your case.
    I would argue my case for world travel and the word 'may' in the terms and conditions.

  5. #5
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scudder View Post
    'Apple may restrict service to the country where Apple or its authorized distributors originally sold the hardware product' taken from limited warranty conditions.

    The word 'may' is open here. You have to argue your case with Apple that you are a World traveller and bought a SIM free handset on the basis that you would be roaming and that Singapore was not necessarily your home. You did not enter into any local contract.
    They can of course tell you to mail it to country of origin... really at the discretion of your local Apple support.
    It has been mentioned here that if you have Applecare or take it out and then tell them you have moved country then you could be covered, but that is moot in your case.
    I would argue my case for world travel and the word 'may' in the terms and conditions.
    Sadly, there are no apple stores in India. There are apple retailers, and are not allowed to service iPhones. In India, iPhone can only be serviced by Carriers, who would not accept this phone


  6. #6
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anandprakash View Post
    Sadly, there are no apple stores in India. There are apple retailers, and are not allowed to service iPhones. In India, iPhone can only be serviced by Carriers, who would not accept this phone
    Send it back to singapore.

    You should have got Applecare on the phone also. That really helps with warranty claims in such situations.
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  7. #7
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olethros View Post
    Send it back to singapore.

    You should have got Applecare on the phone also. That really helps with warranty claims in such situations.
    Yea, planning to go to Singapore. iPhone comes with AppleCare for 1 year, right. My phone is just 3 months old.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. iphone keeps shutting down [Fix]
    By nsabardin in forum Hardware
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-13-2009, 09:19 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-26-2008, 01:14 PM
  3. [Leo4all] Shutting Down
    By mikeyjm26 in forum Archiv (Leopard)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-15-2008, 01:06 PM
  4. IPhone Keeps Shutting Off
    By emejin88 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-24-2007, 01:10 AM
  5. Putty is shutting off! HELP!
    By besalva in forum General
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-30-2007, 07:44 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:17 AM.
twitter, follow us!