Discuss iPhone 3.0.1 Brick and restore 3.0.1 at the iPhone 3GS - Hackint0sh.org; I recently bricked my jail broken 3.0.1 iphone 3gs with the old baseband. I really ...
iPhone 3.0.1 Brick and restore 3.0.1
I recently bricked my jail broken 3.0.1 iphone 3gs with the old baseband. I really do not wish to lose it and hope that is there anyway to restore back to 3.0.1 because when I try restore itune is telling me it is not eligible. I assume they want me to use 3.1.
To answer properly, we'll need to know whether you have the old bootrom or not. Based on the fact that you device had 3.0/3.0.1 on it, I would *assume*, it does, but this is not something you want to assume, find out and let us know -- it will be important to your restoring of the phone.
IF YOU HAVE THE OLD BOOTROM, AND ONLY IF YOU HAVE THE OLD BOOTROM:
1) Download PwnageTool and create a custom 3.0/3.0.1/3.1/3.1.2 ipsw.
2) Restore the custom ipsw to your phone in recovery mode or while the phone is fully booted. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO RESTORE THE CUSTOM FIRMWARE IN DFU MODE, IT WILL NOT WORK.
3) Set up the phone as NEW and if you want your Call History or SMS History, follow the instructions on the forum (search) to copy those databases manually. It is not recommended that you restore from a backup unless absolutely necessary -- it causes all sorts of snafus that are difficult to troubleshoot.
IF YOU HAVE THE NEW BOOTROM:
1) Check the stickies relating to SHSH files to ensure you have one on file for 3.0 / 3.1 / 3.1.2
2) Use saurik's server or the TinyTSS method to restore to a virgin 3.0 / 3.1 / 3.1.2
2a) If you do not have an SHSH on file, STOP. You cannot go any further unless you want to use the spirit jailbreak, and the spirit jailbreak ONLY works on devices that have already been activated. Read the forum posts and sticky about Spirit before attempting. It can cause worse problems than you've already got if used incorrectly.
3) Use redsn0w to jailbreak your device after restoring the OS.
The preceding forum post has been brought to you by the letter "N" and the number 42.
iPhone 4, 32GB (iOS 6.1.2 | evasi0n | SHSH: 4.0 - 6.1.2)
iPad 2 3G, 64GB (iOS 6.1.2 | evasi0n | SHSH: 4.3 & 4.3.3 - 6.1)
Restore problems? Read this: http://www.hackint0sh.org/f137/130802.htm Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare? Please Donate!
By ffrost3 in forum iPhone 3GS
Last Post: 05-10-2011, 12:35 PM
By silverx10 in forum iPod Touch 1G
Last Post: 05-23-2008, 07:32 PM
By Cool Man Greg in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 01-29-2008, 12:40 AM
By dzhiurgis in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 10-25-2007, 06:38 PM
By ReyRey in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 10-11-2007, 05:46 PM