Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
Discuss how to write pashto language in iphone at the iPhone 3GS - Hackint0sh.org; Hi guys, i bought my iphone this week so i'm very new to it and ...
  1. #1
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default how to write pashto language in iphone

    Hi guys,
    i bought my iphone this week so i'm very new to it and i have no idea about development, i'm a strictly windows person. I want to know if its possible to develop a keyboard for iphone for Pashto language. Pashto is Afghan language and is written in Arabic script. any help would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks



  2. #2
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by usgeex View Post
    Hi guys,
    i bought my iphone this week so i'm very new to it and i have no idea about development, i'm a strictly windows person. I want to know if its possible to develop a keyboard for iphone for Pashto language. Pashto is Afghan language and is written in Arabic script. any help would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks
    iPhone OS 3 includes native Arabic script support, you can switch the display language to Arabic and also set your keyboard to Arabic.

    Maybe I misunderstand this but the only thing that may be missing is autocrrection (dictionary) for Pashto. The arabic script support does not seem to have the ability to specify which language you are writing with arabic script.
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  3. #3
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olethros View Post
    iPhone OS 3 includes native Arabic script support, you can switch the display language to Arabic and also set your keyboard to Arabic.

    Maybe I misunderstand this but the only thing that may be missing is autocrrection (dictionary) for Pashto. The arabic script support does not seem to have the ability to specify which language you are writing with arabic script.
    thanks for the update.
    yeah i do have arabic language on my iphone 3gs (3.1.2) i can type in arabic, no problem but pashto language has some more alphabets that i don't see in arabic keyboard. i also installed farsi keyboard but pashto has even more alphabets than farsi as well. i also tested that i can view pashto webpages perfectly fine in my iphone, i had no font issue.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by usgeex View Post
    thanks for the update.
    yeah i do have arabic language on my iphone 3gs (3.1.2) i can type in arabic, no problem but pashto language has some more alphabets that i don't see in arabic keyboard. i also installed farsi keyboard but pashto has even more alphabets than farsi as well. i also tested that i can view pashto webpages perfectly fine in my iphone, i had no font issue.
    Have you tried holding down some characters on the keyboard, they pop up with extra characters. I have zero understanding of arabic script but for english this allows access to characters that are not on the normal english keyboard
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  5. #5
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olethros View Post
    Have you tried holding down some characters on the keyboard, they pop up with extra characters. I have zero understanding of arabic script but for english this allows access to characters that are not on the normal english keyboard
    yes i just tried that, nothing happened. i also tried that on English keyboard but nothing poped up.


  6. #6
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Does not happen with all characters, just those that have similar but less commonly used forms.

    For example on the arabic keyboard, the top right character if you press and hold it, you get the option to instead insert a similar character with three dots in the middle instead of just one.

    I don't know if this is what you want..

    On the english keyboard, holding down A or O gives more characters
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  7. #7
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olethros View Post
    Does not happen with all characters, just those that have similar but less commonly used forms.

    For example on the arabic keyboard, the top right character if you press and hold it, you get the option to instead insert a similar character with three dots in the middle instead of just one.

    I don't know if this is what you want..

    On the english keyboard, holding down A or O gives more characters
    Yes it worked on english keyboard but not on Arabic. I almost tried all the characters. Strange eh?

  8. #8
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default Re: how to write pashto language in iphone

    Quote Originally Posted by usgeex
    Yes it worked on english keyboard but not on Arabic. I almost tried all the characters. Strange eh?
    here are some Arabic characters that can be accessed by holding down keys on the keyboard. If you have installed any extra keyboard hacks maybe they have broken the default Arabic keyboard.
    چ گ. هـ ؤ ژ ل
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  9. #9
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olethros View Post
    here are some Arabic characters that can be accessed by holding down keys on the keyboard. If you have installed any extra keyboard hacks maybe they have broken the default Arabic keyboard.
    چ گ. هـ ؤ ژ ل
    you are right. i did install farsi keyboard and while installing it said that arabic keyboard will be replaced by it. i've removed farsi keyboard now but just like you said it has broken the default arabic keyboard. do you know how do i fix it?

    let me show you some of the extra alphabets present in Pashto alphabet system.

    ړ ږ څ ډ ټ ګ ۍ ې ځ ڼ ښ

  10. #10
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Pashto Keyboard for iPhone/iPod Touch now available, search Pashto on the App Store


 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-31-2008, 04:47 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-18-2008, 03:20 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-18-2008, 03:20 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-28-2007, 09:20 AM
  5. iNdepentence, cant write to iphone
    By fabiopigi in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-28-2007, 03:51 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:49 AM.
twitter, follow us!