Discuss How to get MobileTerminal 4.26 to your iPhone without SSH at the iPhone 3GS - Hackint0sh.org; I have an 3GS with jailbroken iOS4 installed. I wanted to change the passwords for ...
How to get MobileTerminal 4.26 to your iPhone without SSH
I have an 3GS with jailbroken iOS4 installed. I wanted to change the passwords for the root and mobile accounts on my iPhone. I have tried almost every possibility to SSH into my iPhone, without any luck!
My solution to get it on the iPhone:
1) Download MobileTerminal-426.deb to your desktop (you may find it here)
2) Install "netatalk" by using Cydia
3) Reboot your iPhone (respring should do too)
4) Now your iPhone should show up in the Finder on your Mac
5) Connect to iPhone by clicking "Connect as"
6) Login as "root" with password "alpine" (these have not changed yet because we need to get Terminal on our iPhone first)
7) Copy .deb file to /root/var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall
8) Reboot your iPhone TWICE (or reboot and respring afterwards)
9) Now MobileTerminal 4.26 should be in somewhere on your iPhone
10) Go ahead and change your password as described on several other tutorials on the web!
Last edited by Naughty Icebear; 07-13-2010 at 11:18 AM.
Moved to 3GS forum because it has nothing to do with the iPhone 4. Please post in relevant forums to get the best visibility and results.
The preceding forum post has been brought to you by the letter "N" and the number 42.
iPhone 4, 32GB (iOS 6.1.2 | evasi0n | SHSH: 4.0 - 6.1.2)
iPad 2 3G, 64GB (iOS 6.1.2 | evasi0n | SHSH: 4.3 & 4.3.3 - 6.1)
Restore problems? Read this: http://www.hackint0sh.org/f137/130802.htm Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare? Please Donate!
Most people I know use iSSH from Zingersoft from the AppStore for this now. You SSH to 127.0.0.1 to log onto your own iPhone (with OpenSSH installed and running)
Please read the stickies & search forum before posting! How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter
Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!
By clsxm in forum iOS 4.x (iPhone OS 4.x)
Last Post: 08-05-2010, 02:54 PM
By lamanodedios in forum Free Toolchain Software
Last Post: 09-29-2008, 03:05 AM
By Xterminater in forum Free Toolchain Software
Last Post: 07-30-2008, 03:58 PM
By confirm045 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 10-25-2007, 03:07 PM
Last Post: 10-02-2007, 07:53 PM
Tags for this Thread