Results 1 to 8 of 8
Discuss 3GS stuck in connect to iTunes mode... :( at the iPhone 3GS - Hackint0sh.org; Hi guys, I have been reading posts for the last 2 days and I am ...
  1. #1
    Rookie Array awear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    austria
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Question 3GS stuck in connect to iTunes mode... :(

    Hi guys,

    I have been reading posts for the last 2 days and I am still unsure what to do.

    I have an iPhone 3GS with new bootrom, very likely running on 3.1.2. When I bought it in 01.2010 I JB with blackra1n then did the unlock. Everything (except YouTube) worked fine till 3 days ago. -> Phone crashed, so I connected to my MAC, ran blackra1n RC3 again, but it did not reboot and got stuck in that boot loop.

    Well as the phone was working fine, I did not check on any new developments and did not save any SHSH blob...

    I tried to fix that with iRecovery but also to no avail...

    So what if I let iTunes update the phone? Will I be able to unlock? I have a AT&T SIM card, if that is of any use... I rely on the unlock...

    What about caching apple's signature server? I came across that but couldn't change my hosts file!!!

    Please, any comments and hints extremely appreciated...
    Thanx



  2. #2
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by awear View Post
    Hi guys,

    I have been reading posts for the last 2 days and I am still unsure what to do.

    I have an iPhone 3GS with new bootrom, very likely running on 3.1.2. When I bought it in 01.2010 I JB with blackra1n then did the unlock. Everything (except YouTube) worked fine till 3 days ago. -> Phone crashed, so I connected to my MAC, ran blackra1n RC3 again, but it did not reboot and got stuck in that boot loop.

    Well as the phone was working fine, I did not check on any new developments and did not save any SHSH blob...

    I tried to fix that with iRecovery but also to no avail...

    So what if I let iTunes update the phone? Will I be able to unlock? I have a AT&T SIM card, if that is of any use... I rely on the unlock...

    What about caching apple's signature server? I came across that but couldn't change my hosts file!!!

    Please, any comments and hints extremely appreciated...
    Thanx
    TinyUmbrella will tell you more about the current iOS version and baseband etc.

    The question of activating phones (as required for Spirit and the new jailbreakme) has been answered (mostly by me) too many times in the past few days - take the time to search and you will find the answers - I am sick of repeating myself.

    The only SHSH blob you can get now is 4.0.1

    If you are running 3.1.2 there is a small chance you can get out of the bootloop via a modified version of redsn0w. However you need to be able to accurately describe the bootloop and what you did before it started. There are a number of potential causes for the bootloop and they have different fixes (one modified redsn0w can't be tweaked to fix everything)
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  3. #3
    Rookie Array awear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    austria
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Thanks for the quick reply... I was so focused on the bootloop problem that I only discovered jailbreakme a few hours ago. No need to repeat anything here... I fully understand !

    What happened was this: phone lost signal, slowed down and finally froze completely. I did a reset by holding the 2 buttons down. Then Apple logo appeared and the USB cable + Itunes logo after.
    Then I connected with MAC and run blackra1n, on the phone GeoHot Face appeared, blackra1n was waiting for reboot.
    But that never came..... after a while (approx. 3-5min) Apple logo appears and back to USB+Itunes. I repeated that process a few times but always with the same result.
    This keeps repeating till battery runs dry.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by awear View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply... I was so focused on the bootloop problem that I only discovered jailbreakme a few hours ago. No need to repeat anything here... I fully understand !

    What happened was this: phone lost signal, slowed down and finally froze completely. I did a reset by holding the 2 buttons down. Then Apple logo appeared and the USB cable + Itunes logo after.
    Then I connected with MAC and run blackra1n, on the phone GeoHot Face appeared, blackra1n was waiting for reboot.
    But that never came..... after a while (approx. 3-5min) Apple logo appears and back to USB+Itunes. I repeated that process a few times but always with the same result.
    This keeps repeating till battery runs dry.
    Then you should leave blackra1n running and let the battery run dry - it will shutdown and then start to charge. Once it gets enough charge - the iPhone will turn on automatically and blackra1n will kick in and fix the boot.

    Realistically, you might as well restore to iOS 4.0.1 and use jailbreakme if you don't care about the current contents of the iPhone.
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  5. #5
    Rookie Array awear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    austria
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    SOLVED!!! since I couldn't get blackra1n back to work and I did not have a problem with losing all my content on the phone I upgraded to 4.0.1 and did the jailbreak with jailbreakme and the unlock with ultrasn0w. Everything is fine now )
    thank you very much guys - real awesome work here - and I will definitely make "my life easier" this time !!!


  6. #6
    Supporter Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    72
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by awear View Post
    SOLVED!!! since I couldn't get blackra1n back to work and I did not have a problem with losing all my content on the phone I upgraded to 4.0.1 and did the jailbreak with jailbreakme and the unlock with ultrasn0w. Everything is fine now )
    thank you very much guys - real awesome work here - and I will definitely make "my life easier" this time !!!
    Hi,

    I am in a similar situation like you. i've got a 3gs which was jailbroken using the blackra1n, all of a sudden its shut down.

    When i connect it to Itunes,it shows that its in DFU mode.there are no SHSH blob's saved for this.did a search and have been trying to get out of the DFU mode but doesn't seem to work.

    When i try to restore it back to 3.1.2 its giving a message" iphone is not eligible for the required build."

    My Question if i upgrade to iOS 4.0. can i jailbreak and unlock it? if yes is there specific a baseband version that it will work with.

    If i upgrade it to i OS 4 how will i bypass the activation screen to lauch safari and use jailbreakme??

    This phone was purchased by my friend 3 months ago, i dont have the serial number and i dont care abt the data on the phone

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks
    Last edited by letscheckitout; 08-14-2010 at 07:43 PM.
    1.1.3 OTB > ILiberty 1.1.4 > Quickpwn 2.0-2.0.1-2.0.2- 2.1- 2.2 > RedSnow - 3.0

  7. #7
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by letscheckitout View Post
    I am in a similar situation like you. i've got a 3gs which was jailbroken using the blackra1n, all of a sudden its shut down.

    When i connect it to Itunes,it shows that its in DFU mode.there are no SHSH blob's saved for this.did a search and have been trying to get out of the DFU mode but doesn't seem to work.

    When i try to restore it back to 3.1.2 its giving a message" iphone is not eligible for the required build."

    My Question if i upgrade to iOS 4.0. can i jailbreak and unlock it? if yes is there specific a baseband version that it will work with.

    If i upgrade it to i OS 4 how will i bypass the activation screen to lauch safari and use jailbreakme??

    This phone was purchased by my friend 3 months ago, i dont have the serial number and i dont care abt the data on the phone
    Rather than asking questions and waiting for answers - you should have backed up your SHSH for 4.0.1 as soon as you discovered you did not have any earlier SHSH on file for your device. The instructions are out there to use TinyUmbrella The Firmware Umbrella to do this - even with your iPhone it it's current state.

    I *think* that Apple is still signing 4.0.1 SHSH - go get one now. Don't wait.

    As long as you have a 4.0.1 SHSH and you have a way to get past the "slide for emergency" screen then you can always use jailbreakme.com to jailbreak. This is clearly explained in other threads here. Solutions to get past the slide for emergency screen (ie to activate) are also explained in other threads here. In summary - search and you will find.

    There are other more difficult solutions to your problem as long as you were still running iOS 3.1.2 when the problem started and you have made no attempt to restore anything newer.

    The warnings about blacksn0w (and blackra1n) have been around for months now.
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  8. #8
    Supporter Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    72
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olethros View Post
    Rather than asking questions and waiting for answers - you should have backed up your SHSH for 4.0.1 as soon as you discovered you did not have any earlier SHSH on file for your device. The instructions are out there to use TinyUmbrella The Firmware Umbrella to do this - even with your iPhone it it's current state.

    I *think* that Apple is still signing 4.0.1 SHSH - go get one now. Don't wait.

    As long as you have a 4.0.1 SHSH and you have a way to get past the "slide for emergency" screen then you can always use jailbreakme.com to jailbreak. This is clearly explained in other threads here. Solutions to get past the slide for emergency screen (ie to activate) are also explained in other threads here. In summary - search and you will find.

    There are other more difficult solutions to your problem as long as you were still running iOS 3.1.2 when the problem started and you have made no attempt to restore anything newer.

    The warnings about blacksn0w (and blackra1n) have been around for months now.
    Thank you. I did restore it to 4.0.1, took the backup of shsh and had an old AT&T sim card, activated through it...
    1.1.3 OTB > ILiberty 1.1.4 > Quickpwn 2.0-2.0.1-2.0.2- 2.1- 2.2 > RedSnow - 3.0

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. iphone 4 stuck in connect to itunes restore mode
    By rmacgurn in forum iOS 4.x (iPhone OS 4.x)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-21-2011, 02:05 PM
  2. HELP! Stuck on Connect to iTunes screen
    By Raqib12 in forum iOS 3.x (iPhone OS 3.x)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-24-2009, 04:45 PM
  3. Stuck on Please Connect to iTunes during jailbrake
    By graverski in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-11-2007, 04:17 AM
  4. Stuck in Please connect to iTunes mode
    By thasan in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-01-2007, 12:03 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:43 PM.
twitter, follow us!