Discuss Step-by-step Tutorial for jailbreaking/hacktivating 3.1.2 on 3G iPhone at the iPhone 3G - Hackint0sh.org; ...
Step-by-step Tutorial for jailbreaking/hacktivating 3.1.2 on 3G iPhone
Long time ago I posted my 'iPhone setup steps' here and from replies I know some were happy with having a step-by-step tutorial (that was for iOS 1.1.4).
Recently I obtained a 3G iPhone with 3.1.2 firmware on it, I am now testing a million stuff and I need to reinstall occasionally, so I wanted to have my step-by-step document ready again to be able to restore quickly when necessary. I am posting the document here.
These steps below restores stock (original) firmware 3.1.2 from Apple, then jailbreaks and hacktivates the phone.
If anyone has any questions I will be happy to help to my best ability although I am neither an expert, nor on the way to being one, I just compiled information online and tested myself. I'll be glad if more experienced forum folks correct if you see anything wrong/not optimal etc.
Please note almost all the required information for steps below is already available online. I just want a single page containing everything, so that I can reinstall my iPhone while watching a movie in the background without concentrating on this task for a good 2 hours (including packages etc.)
Finally after combining many information bits together, I started and successfully completed my iPhone setup&configuration. Now I have a working iPhone with:
* Device = 3G iPhone (model=MB496B)
* Modem firmware=05.11.07
* Bootloader=4.6_M3S2 (I preferred not to downgrade the BL)
IF YOU HAVE A DIFFERENT DEVICE/FIRMWARE/MODEM do the necessary search and reading to avoid upsetting consequences... This works for my device but may not work for yours or in worst case could render it unusable.
I am aware that this is not a full compherensive guide, but it should be helpful to most newbies either fully or at least partially. I want to thank everyone who contributed to iPhone community in this forum, other forums and via their blogs. It's wonderful to have so much people trying to help each other.
Starting with 3.1.2 jailbroken+hacktivated phone.
I guess these steps should work exactly the same with jailed/unactivated ones too.
1. Inserted T-Mobile SIM (unofficial) and shift+restored stock 3.1.2.
2. iTunes "Set Up Your Phone" screen came up, did NOT set up at this time. Shut down the phone.
3. Run redsnow 0.9.4 with install cydia ticked. Process complete after reboot 'Waiting for activation' msg appears << now jailbroken but still simlocked (not activated)
4. Connect to wifi network, turn off 3G, set autolock to never. general > keyboard > auto-correction=off && enable caps=on
5. Run cydia, will reorganize and autoclose&respring.
6. Connect through USB using iFunBox and delete all sources except saurik's own, then run Cydia again and select Developer. When prompted do a complete upgrade resrping/reboot as advised.
7. Unlocking with ultrasn0w
Important Points to Note
- UltraSn0w 0.93 can unlock baseband 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.12.01 and 05.13.04.
- Updated ultrasn0w can unlock firmware iOS 4 and iPhone OS 3.1.3, 3.1.2, 3.1, 3.0.
- iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 3G owners (If used Spirit for first Jailbreak) should stay away from iOS4.
- Your iPhone must already be jailbroken.
Pasted from <http://www.techhail.com/iphone/unlock-iphone-basebands-04-26-08-05-11-07-05-12-01-5-13-04-with-ultrasn0w-0-93/5184>
a. Launch Cydia and go to Manage section
b. Now tap on sources and then on edit to add following repo: ultrasn0w.com
c. Now go to Manage>Sources>repo666 (tap on source)>packages>Ultrasn0w and click on install.
NOTE: Today [28/11/2010] unlocked with v.1.2. Read notes/do a web search for different versions.
d. When install finishes, the button will read 'restart springboard' tap on it, and then do a full restart of the phone.
8. Turn 3G back on
9. Re-add major repo(s): Run Cydia>Categories>Repositories>ModMyi>Modify>Reinst all
10. install my unique self-generated certs (follow another guide to create your own unique certs)
a. Install SBSettings in Cydia (includes MobileTerminal and OpenSSH) restart springboard using installation result button & manually restart phone once
b. Install unique certs
a. Make sure to remove all push apps and there is no 'Notifications' visible under Settings
b. (SFTP or iFunBox) copy the 4 bin files and "inject" to "/Library/Keychains"
c. Open a root shell on the iPhone (SSH or "terminal" + "su -") and "cd /Library/Keychains"
d. "chmod 0755 inject"
f. "rm -f inject *.bin" (NOTE: On your PC, save the bin files for future use, but only on this iPhone. Do not share this files or even install on another phone).
g. Install any push enabled app and test.
h. Test results youtube should work + push app should be able to send push notifications now.
Phone is ready for basic use now… Proceed with fav apps...
------------------END OF PROCESS--------------------
By marlon31 in forum iPhone/iPod Touch
Last Post: 12-09-2009, 05:20 PM
By rohanmalik007 in forum Free Toolchain Software (Cydia App's)
Last Post: 02-09-2008, 10:30 AM
Tags for this Thread