iPhone 3G Does not appear in iTunes 8.x
I have been dealing with this issue for a few days now. Here's the symptom (it's very simple):
1. You plug your iPhone into the USB port
2. iTunes does not see your iPhone
3. iPhoto opens up normally, and finds the images on your iPhone
I tried all the suggestions of reinstalling iTunes, removing kexts, removing preferences, etc. But I have not yet managed to fix this. I dug some more and found the following:
- My iPhone is seen ok on another MacBook, so I know my iPhone is fine
- My MacBook can see another iPhone, let's call that second phone iPhone "B", and my phone iPhone "A", so I know my own MacBook is alright as well because it can see iPhone "B" but it can not see iPhone "A"!
- I created another user on my MacBook called "testuser". I log out form my own profile, and login as testuser. This profile can see both iPhones! "A" and "B" are both found just fine.
So I know that this is definitely something to do with my profile specifically, and speciflcally with iPhone "A" which for some reason my profile has "cursed" somehow.
If anyone can shed some light on this, I will be most grateful.
I have also posted some lines from system.log here:
Thanks in advance! :-)