Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29
Discuss My iPhone stuck on "Slide for Emergency Screen" and "Connect to iTunes logo". at the iPhone 3G - Hackint0sh.org; Hello, Unfortunately, yesterday I restored accidentally my iPhone using iTunes. Since then, I see only ...
  1. #1
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Question My iPhone stuck on "Slide for Emergency Screen" and "Connect to iTunes logo".

    Hello,

    Unfortunately, yesterday I restored accidentally my iPhone using iTunes. Since then, I see only iTunes Logo and Slide for Emergency Screen, and cannot do anything else. I tried to do that jailbreak thing using redsn0w but same thing. Also tried with blackra1n, and nothing.

    Anyone please, tell me a way to slove it?

    Thanks.



  2. #2
    Super Moderator Array n1ckn4m3's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,717
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    145

    Default

    If it's a 3G, it's not usually a big deal to fix -- you can DFU restore 4.0 or 4.0.1, use redsn0w to hacktivate (and bypass the "Slide for Emergency"/"Connect to iTunes" screen) and jailbreak the device.

    Make sure that you have an alternate carrier SIM in the phone during the redsn0w process so that redsn0w hacktivates -- if there is no SIM or an AT&T SIM, it will not hacktivate and you will still be at the Connect to iTunes screen. If you have a legitimate carrier SIM, of course, run iTunes and let it activate (but I'm assuming you don't based on the question.)
    The preceding forum post has been brought to you by the letter "N" and the number 42.

    iPhone 4, 32GB (iOS 6.1.2 | evasi0n | SHSH: 4.0 - 6.1.2)
    iPad 2 3G, 64GB (iOS 6.1.2 | evasi0n
    |
    SHSH: 4.3 & 4.3.3 - 6.1)

    Restore problems? Read this: http://www.hackint0sh.org/f137/130802.htm

    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare? Please Donate!


  3. #3
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by n1ckn4m3 View Post
    If it's a 3G, it's not usually a big deal to fix -- you can DFU restore 4.0 or 4.0.1, use redsn0w to hacktivate (and bypass the "Slide for Emergency"/"Connect to iTunes" screen) and jailbreak the device.

    Make sure that you have an alternate carrier SIM in the phone during the redsn0w process so that redsn0w hacktivates -- if there is no SIM or an AT&T SIM, it will not hacktivate and you will still be at the Connect to iTunes screen. If you have a legitimate carrier SIM, of course, run iTunes and let it activate (but I'm assuming you don't based on the question.)
    when you said "have an alternate carrier SIM in the phone," what do you mean by that? i really need to activate my 3g and all i have is my tmobile sim card that i want to use on it. please help me.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mxh91 View Post
    when you said "have an alternate carrier SIM in the phone," what do you mean by that? i really need to activate my 3g and all i have is my tmobile sim card that i want to use on it. please help me.
    The t-mobile sim is an "alternate carrier sim", what @n1ckn4m3 meant was any SIM card aside from one from the carrier your iPhone is locked to.
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  5. #5
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Olethros View Post
    The t-mobile sim is an "alternate carrier sim", what @n1ckn4m3 meant was any SIM card aside from one from the carrier your iPhone is locked to.
    how can i tell what my carrier my phone is locked to?


  6. #6
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mxh91 View Post
    how can i tell what my carrier my phone is locked to?
    A question you should have asked when you bought the iPhone.

    You can get a clue based on your iPhone's model number - that tells you what country your iPhone is from. TinyUmbrella The Firmware Umbrella will tell you the iPhone's model number.
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  7. #7
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    5
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default same problem +

    I too have just got my phone to this stage emergency call & connect to itunes but to do this i had to download a link for a custom IPSW, so when i brouse for the path in redsn0w there is no path because the IPSW was never in the itunes folder. anyone got any ideas for this one

  8. #8
    Super Moderator Array Olethros's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zaphod13 View Post
    I too have just got my phone to this stage emergency call & connect to itunes but to do this i had to download a link for a custom IPSW, so when i brouse for the path in redsn0w there is no path because the IPSW was never in the itunes folder. anyone got any ideas for this one
    A custom IPSW is already jailbroken. There is little need to jailbreak again.

    Also, redsn0w won't accept a custom IPSW as input. You need to supply redsn0w with an original apple IPSW.

    You obviously used a custom IPSW that did not include hacktivation.
    Please read the stickies & search forum before posting!
    How to report an iTunes restore/update fail in a useful manner
    -

    iPad 3G 64GB (4.3.3, Redsn0w) oldest SHSH 3.2.2
    iPhone 4 32GB (4.2.1, Redsn0w JB-monte) oldest SHSH 4.1
    iPhone 3GS 32GB (4.3.3; Pwnagetool) factory unlocked oldest SHSH 3.1
    iPhone 8GB (3.1.3; Pwnagetool) AT&T Locked - Unlocked with bootneuter

    -
    Did we solve your problem? Got a dollar or two spare ? Donate!

  9. #9
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default hi

    Quote Originally Posted by Deagle View Post
    Hello,

    Unfortunately, yesterday I restored accidentally my iPhone using iTunes. Since then, I see only iTunes Logo and Slide for Emergency Screen, and cannot do anything else. I tried to do that jailbreak thing using redsn0w but same thing. Also tried with blackra1n, and nothing.

    Anyone please, tell me a way to slove it?

    Thanks.
    I'm having the same problem. did you figure it out yet? If so, please let me know.
    Thanks

  10. #10
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    5
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    ok how or where do i get an original apple IPSW or a custom IPSW with hacktivation. also i dont know who the phone is locked to? & when i run tinyumbrella there are java errors on start up & there are no SHSH blogs to save?


 

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. SOS - I-Phone 4 ... Stuck on "Emergency Call only" Screen
    By deepakthaman in forum iOS 4.x (iPhone OS 4.x)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-14-2010, 08:16 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-21-2008, 03:06 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-25-2008, 04:06 PM
  4. Stuck on "connect to itunes" screen
    By XT24 in forum General
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-27-2008, 09:36 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:22 AM.
twitter, follow us!