Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
Discuss I got an AT&T NCK iPhone 3G (unlock code)... at the iPhone 3G - Hackint0sh.org; It was just kind of luck, but I convinced AT&T to have apple email it ...
  1. #1
    Senior Professional Array goodluck4287's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    103
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    13

    Default I got an AT&T NCK iPhone 3G (unlock code)...

    It was just kind of luck, but I convinced AT&T to have apple email it to me, because it was not in AT&T's database. AT&T promised that I will have it within a week but in about 2-3 days. Hint: AT&T does store many NCKs for most phones including iPhone. They said giving me the unlock could would void my warranty, and I'm assuming that is because of Apple's latest stance on jailbreaking.

    Bigger and more important things:

    -We can spoof IMEIs right?
    -I will have the NCK for my IMEI in a few days.

    I have seen in some forum that with a jailbroken phone you can SSH in and send the unlock code to the phone, you get 6 tries to enter the code before the baseband permanently (supposedly ) locks up. I know how to SSH with Terminal, no problem, but what's the next step to entering this command.

    First, I need help with this, my phone is of course jailbroken, I still have AT&T but for kicks have Yellowsn0w. What commands would I enter to get to the NCK and enter the code. It's driving me nuts, I saw it yesterday after searching around, and I can't find it anywhere today.

    Could we spoof IMEI's and use an unlock code, incorporate this into Pwnage, and then make it autorun an app that returns the IMEI to the original state like bootneuter does, or I suppose, an SBSettings toggle for IMEI spoofing when it is time to update?

    Anyways if you can help me out with getting to the place to enter the unlock code, or if you want to bounce some ideas for IMEI spoofing, etc, that'd be awesome for everyone.



  2. #2
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Cool Nck

    I doubt any NCK's for iPhones are in AT&T's database as unlocking is done by iTunes (Apple) not the network operator.

    Having said that, should you actually get your NCK (and it works) please let me know how many digits it is (most likely 15).

    The command you are looking for is AT+CLCK To find out if your phone is unlocked use AT+CLCK="PN",2 If this returns 1 that means yes, a 0 means no. There are other options for the first argument each meaning a different type of lock, such as call barring and SIM PIN required etc. This is a standard AT command on equipment conforming to GSM specs (I have no experience with CDMA equipment to know if it also applies there).

    Yes, you may well disable the ability to unlock your phone with too much use of an incorrect NCK. You have been warned.

  3. #3
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    @ goodluck4287 & Jamey

    In one work: Nooooooooooo, bull....

    Check the forum, this is all bull, sorry. IF an iphone is going to be officially unlocked, you wont be given anything, it will be done via iTunes and wont help for an unlock of other iPhones. I have posted the following here several times cause this topic popps up again and again.

    ---

    To unlock an iPhone you need the NCK which is a unique 15 digit key. Those keys for unlocking are sitting on Apples servers and send to the iPhone via iTunes while the iPhone is connected to the Mac/PC.
    Each iPhone has a unique HWID, NORID, CHIPID, (id's embedded in the iphone hardware/chips and unique to each phone), the NCK is only working with the one iPhone where the above are matching. The NCK does not unlock any other iPhone.
    Trying to bruteforce the NCK would take years even on high-end computers (NCK Brute Force - The iPhone Wiki).
    Trying to guess the NCK is limited aswell, After 5 or so unsuccessful attemts, the iPhone becomes permanently locked to the carrier - unless you're feeling really, really lucky, I wouldn't try it.

    Apple has HWID, NORID, CHIPID... of all iPhones sold in countries, where the iPhone has to be sold unlocked (About activating iPhone 3G with a wireless carrier). So once a phone of those is connected via iTunes, the apple servers check HWID, NORID, CHIPID and compare it to their database. If the matching iPhone is marked "factory unlocked" the Apple servers send the unique NCK for this iPhone.
    Since 3G, Apple pre-notes all of those iPhones that are factory unlocked, HWID, NORID, CHIPID and NCK are already sitting in Apples database.
    iPhones that are officially unlocked get added their data to the above database by the carrier/Apple - same story
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2

  4. #4
    Senior Professional Array goodluck4287's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    103
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by volkspost View Post
    @ goodluck4287 & Jamey

    In one work: Nooooooooooo, bull....

    Check the forum, this is all bull, sorry. IF an iphone is going to be officially unlocked, you wont be given anything, it will be done via iTunes and wont help for an unlock of other iPhones. I have posted the following here several times cause this topic popps up again and again.

    ---

    To unlock an iPhone you need the NCK which is a unique 15 digit key. Those keys for unlocking are sitting on Apples servers and send to the iPhone via iTunes while the iPhone is connected to the Mac/PC.
    Each iPhone has a unique HWID, NORID, CHIPID, (id's embedded in the iphone hardware/chips and unique to each phone), the NCK is only working with the one iPhone where the above are matching. The NCK does not unlock any other iPhone.
    Trying to bruteforce the NCK would take years even on high-end computers (NCK Brute Force - The iPhone Wiki).
    Trying to guess the NCK is limited aswell, After 5 or so unsuccessful attemts, the iPhone becomes permanently locked to the carrier - unless you're feeling really, really lucky, I wouldn't try it.

    Apple has HWID, NORID, CHIPID... of all iPhones sold in countries, where the iPhone has to be sold unlocked (About activating iPhone 3G with a wireless carrier). So once a phone of those is connected via iTunes, the apple servers check HWID, NORID, CHIPID and compare it to their database. If the matching iPhone is marked "factory unlocked" the Apple servers send the unique NCK for this iPhone.
    Since 3G, Apple pre-notes all of those iPhones that are factory unlocked, HWID, NORID, CHIPID and NCK are already sitting in Apples database.
    iPhones that are officially unlocked get added their data to the above database by the carrier/Apple - same story
    @ volkspost
    I realize that you are a mod, I really like this forum and don't want to condescend you but, it is what it is. AT&T will give you the unlock code if you are in good standing, you produce proof that you are moving out of the country, and they will tell you that your warranty will be voided if they give you the unlock code. I had an extenuating circumstance because I found an omission in their contract's terms and conditions. However, they notify you that all they are doing is releasing the code, that they are not telling you how to unlock it and that my phone's warranty will be voided because AT&T is the only carrier in the US. The rep actually told me, we are not unlocking it for you, you will need to find out the information you need online to use the code.

    My IMEI was not found in AT&T's database, they said that is not unusual. They had to submit a request to Apple, and told me Apple takes up to one week, although it is usually done in around 2-3 days.

    volkspost, I would appreciate it if you notice that I am not new to the forum, and I am not trying to pull anyone's leg or get anyone's hopes up. I am trying to advance the knowledge of Hackint0sh' community. You don't have to like what I am saying, but please don't talk down on me for it.

    I will follow up when I receive the code. I believe that since the phone is jailbroken, I can modify the code I need to with the unlock code, and it will be unlocked in the future by iTunes because the "switch" has been flipped. Maybe I'm wrong, but this is new territory for me and probably anyone following along

    @Jamey Can you tell me where I need to go to enter/modify that line. Spell it out for me please, where I go once I'm SSH'd through the terminal.
    Last edited by goodluck4287; 03-26-2009 at 08:48 PM.

  5. #5
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goodluck4287 View Post
    @ volkspost
    I realize that you are a mod, I really like this forum and don't want to condescend you but, it is what it is. AT&T will give you the unlock code if you are in good standing, you produce proof that you are moving out of the country, and they will tell you that your warranty will be voided if they give you the unlock code. I had an extenuating circumstance because I found an omission in their contract's terms and conditions. However, they notify you that all they are doing is releasing the code, that they are not telling you how to unlock it and that my phone's warranty will be voided because AT&T is the only carrier in the US. The rep actually told me, we are not unlocking it for you, you will need to find out the information you need online to use the code.

    My IMEI was not found in AT&T's database, they said that is not unusual. They had to submit a request to Apple, and told me Apple takes up to one week, although it is usually done in around 2-3 days.

    no problem Hansa, I see you around here for a long time ;-)

    let me just tell you how the unlock process you will get happens in other cases. In all countries where the iPhone is sold locked but the carrier is allowed to unlock it for you immediately or after a while.
    Same in Oktober 2007 when German T-Mobile was forced due to a lawsuit with vodafone Germany for 10 days to unlock iPhones that were already sold (plus sell unlocked once).
    The procedure then was that they took a note of the IMEI and sent it to Apple. Apple then marked this iPhone as factory unlocked.

    This usually tokk and probably takes a couple days. Every time you connect the iPhone to iTunes, the programm "calls home" and iTunes sends a combination of NOR ID, SerialNumber, ModelNumber and IMEI to Apple servers, they respond with the NCK token and unlocks the baseband if the iPhone is marked "factory unlocked".

    So the rep you were talking to is kind of telling the truth. You'll get the NCK token to unlock - but via iTunes. Believe me it will just happen. I do have two of those factory unlocked (one was unlocked after two months).

    This token is unique and just unlocking your iPhone, does not work on any other iPhone.

    I did not want to upset you with my first response but this is the only way the unlock procedure is working. It is the first time however that I hear of a US-iPhone beeing unlcoked by AT&T though. But even this is no difference to the procedure in all other countries where iPhones can be unlcoked after beeing sold as a carrier-locked device.
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2


  6. #6
    Senior Professional Array goodluck4287's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    103
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Ok thanks. So you think it will unlock itself when Apple/AT&T process it? That'd be nice, I still want to help the dev team if I get any other useful information. We'll see what happens.

    Guess my sbsettings for yellowsn0w will come in handy as a test if that's true. Not that I need it for my last few days with ATT

  7. #7
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    64
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I've tried this method 3months ago but nothing. Just a waste of time

  8. #8
    Senior Professional Array goodluck4287's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    103
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Well hopefully, we can use some more nerd power this time.

  9. #9
    iPhone Moderator Array

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goodluck4287 View Post
    Ok thanks. So you think it will unlock itself when Apple/AT&T process it? That'd be nice, I still want to help the dev team if I get any other useful information. We'll see what happens.

    Guess my sbsettings for yellowsn0w will come in handy as a test if that's true. Not that I need it for my last few days with ATT
    It will. This is the way it happened to me. The iPhone was locked, DFU restored to the actual firmware, I had my private (non-Apple-partner) simcard in it. So iTunes and the iPhone told me that the simcard is not supported.

    Once the unlock was done at Apple (my IMEI and data entered into their servers holding the data for all factory unlocked iPhones) the szenarion changed when I connected the iPhone to iTunes. It looked up Apples servers as usual and then showed "iPhone activated" - thats it.

    IF this happens to you that Apple/AT&T decide to unlock your iPhone it will work the same way. After unlocked you can always restore to actual firmware. Even in between you can switch simcard without connecting to iTunes.

    It took about 5 days here as far as I remember, your milage may be different.

    let us know how it works out.
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    iPhone 4 factory unlocked, iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (1G), iOS 4.3.1, jailbroken
    iPad 2

  10. #10
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    @goodluck4287

    If you do get your NCK there's nowhere in iTunes to enter it, most other phones prompt you for this code when a SIM which fails the locks is inserted however the iPhone does not do this.

    AT commands are those sent down a serial link to a modem, e.g. AT&V for modem status, ATD to dial a number.
    Use minicom to open /dev/tty.umts and issue AT commands to the baseband as you would any other e.g. dialup or wireless modem. You can safely use AT+CLCK="PN",2 to query the Network Provider Lock status, do not play with AT+CLCK="PN",0 (used to provide the NCK to the baseband) without knowing your valid NCK, it'll just report 'ERROR' if it's wrong and probably all phones disable the unlock after too many (5 for Nokia's) failed attempts.


 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. buy factory unlock code
    By Matikas in forum General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-06-2010, 05:26 PM
  2. 1.1.3 How to enter Unlock Code?
    By mruk69 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-24-2008, 10:20 PM
  3. Possible unlock for 1.1.2 bl 4.6 via dial code?
    By thg in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-12-2007, 12:35 PM
  4. Even att does not have the unlock code
    By tarainfo in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-28-2007, 11:07 PM
  5. iPhone asking unlock code
    By Sassha in forum General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-29-2007, 06:16 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:34 AM.
twitter, follow us!