Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31
Discuss [FIDO] will carry iPhone too in Canada, wanna guess the price of the plan? at the iPhone 3G - Hackint0sh.org; http://www.fido.ca/portal/promos/per.../promotion.jsp I bet no less than 75 CAD/month. Anyone?...
  1. #1
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    200
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default [FIDO] will carry iPhone too in Canada, wanna guess the price of the plan?

    http://www.fido.ca/portal/promos/per.../promotion.jsp

    I bet no less than 75 CAD/month.

    Anyone?



  2. #2
    Respected Professional Array TwistyValhalla's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    645
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    41

    Default

    Maybe it's time to finally put those fido dollars to use. Anybody know if they'll require people to sign the contract before you can actually buy it? It'd be nice just to buy the phone without signing a contract and then be able to unlock it with winpwn.

    iPhone (OTB 1.1.1 / Currently 3.1)
    Unlock, activation, jailbreak: PwnageTool 3.1
    City Fido, Vancouver

  3. #3
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    28
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I'd expect the plan to be the same price as the one from Rogers, simply as Fido is owned by Rogers and I can't seem themselves offering a lower price from another part of the same company.

    Hopefully they'll give the plan information out within the next week. I'm hoping they do have an unlimited data on whatever plan you get. Heck, if it's limited-unlimited to say 3GB per month, I think I'd be ok with that. Main reason for me not already having a 1st Gen iPhone is the horrible pricing of data plans. something like $30 for 25MB of data per month, and that is their restructured pricing too, it used to be even more expensive.

  4. #4
    rte
    rte is offline
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    28
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    well, the price of the plan will be the same or very close to the one from rogers, simply because it is the same company. Now you can get 1Gb data plan for 75$CAD on top of your talk plan, well hopefully this is going to change. Also I really hope they will not make you sign a contract for data plan (I can't see that being less then 100$ per month with minimum talk plan). I'm quite happy with my fido to fido/rogers plan right now and don't really have the need for data plan with all the wifi around. But what is the point of speculating, we shell see soon enough. Also, do not forget that rogers/fido is the ONLY GSM provider in Canada, so they can charge whatever they want for the data plan.

  5. #5
    Professional Array TATANKA's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    73
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    In terms of pricing, Rogers has released that iPhone 3G units will be selling for $199 for the 8GB and $299 for the 16GB models, on a 3 year contract term. Fido just recently confirmed these same numbers too.

    As for specific voice and data plans, if Rogers emulates AT&T in the USA, expect to pay $39/month for voice and $30 for 3G data. That equals roughly $70/month for iPhone 3G, plus taxes and the ever-so-lovely System Access Fee. Over three years, your iPhone at AT&T rates will cost you:

    $199 (8GB) x 1.13 (GST/PST in BC) = $224.87

    Voice/Data: $70 + 6.95 SAF + 1.13% = $86.95

    $86.95 x 36 months = $3130.20 + $224.87 = $3355.07

    So hypothetically speaking, an 8GB iPhone 3G from Rogers or Fido, based on AT&T USA’s pricing would work out to almost $3400CDN after 3 years, or about $94/month. What can you buy with $3400.
    iPhone [1.0.2 OTB]Unlocked -->1.1.3 ziphone -->1.1.4 iLiberty -->1.1.4 WinPwn 1.0 -->2.0 WinPwn 2.0 --> WinPwn 2.2 --> Yellowsn0w 2.2
    iPhone is the best cellphone I ever used


  6. #6
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TATANKA View Post
    In terms of pricing, Rogers has released that iPhone 3G units will be selling for $199 for the 8GB and $299 for the 16GB models, on a 3 year contract term. Fido just recently confirmed these same numbers too.

    As for specific voice and data plans, if Rogers emulates AT&T in the USA, expect to pay $39/month for voice and $30 for 3G data. That equals roughly $70/month for iPhone 3G, plus taxes and the ever-so-lovely System Access Fee. Over three years, your iPhone at AT&T rates will cost you:

    $199 (8GB) x 1.13 (GST/PST in BC) = $224.87

    Voice/Data: $70 + 6.95 SAF + 1.13% = $86.95

    $86.95 x 36 months = $3130.20 + $224.87 = $3355.07

    So hypothetically speaking, an 8GB iPhone 3G from Rogers or Fido, based on AT&T USA’s pricing would work out to almost $3400CDN after 3 years, or about $94/month. What can you buy with $3400.

    if you think of it that way then you'll never buy anything.

  7. #7
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    302
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Polish-Boi View Post
    if you think of it that way then you'll never buy anything.
    Well said.
    Macbook 13.3 (2.2GHZ, 2GB Ram, Leopard OSX)
    Advent 3Ghz Pentium 4 Laptop (Windows XP)
    Phone History: Sony ericsson t20e: Motorloa v525: Nokia 7600: SOny ericsson k700i: sony ericsson k800i: Orange spvm3100 : sony ericsson w880i: Nokia n95: Apple iPhone (sold on ebay).
    currently using: old shitty blackberry till 11th July.

  8. #8
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by romenator View Post
    Well said.
    haha its true cause if u add up everything your spending money for well then..... its gonna add up pretty fast.

  9. #9
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    200
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I have to agree as well... Just realized I will spend close to 8k on gas over the next two years... I quit driving today.

    No, seriously, in Canada it will be a three year plan (can't we ever match anything done by the americans, or we're always destined to be the loser?), so I wouldn't be surpised if the price wasn't dramatically higher than in US (for that one extra year), so maybe 60-65 CAD/month?

    Wishful thinking... It's gonna be 70-75 CAD for sure! Let's place bets!

  10. #10
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogi799 View Post
    I have to agree as well... Just realized I will spend close to 8k on gas over the next two years... I quit driving today.

    No, seriously, in Canada it will be a three year plan (can't we ever match anything done by the americans, or we're always destined to be the loser?), so I wouldn't be surpised if the price wasn't dramatically higher than in US (for that one extra year), so maybe 60-65 CAD/month?

    Wishful thinking... It's gonna be 70-75 CAD for sure! Let's place bets!


    hahah i like the first part.. maybe we should stop paying for our mortgage holy crap so much money goes into that :p


 

 
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. MacNN: Canada's Fido drops iPhone 3G, 3GS prices
    By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-18-2010, 12:00 AM
  2. MacNN: Canada's Fido offers 'refreshed' iPhone discounts
    By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-08-2009, 04:20 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-04-2008, 04:58 PM
  4. MacNN: iPhone in Canada to launch on Fido, Rogers
    By hackint0sh in forum Latest Headlines
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-09-2008, 11:00 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-07-2008, 06:58 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:33 PM.
twitter, follow us!