Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38
Discuss [Advice] Selling 1st Gen iPhone and buy the 3G or wait ? at the iPhone 3G - Hackint0sh.org; ...
  1. #11
    Ghost in the Machine Array Doktaphex's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    511
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    I shall be moving onto the 3G iPhone, I got a text from o2 on tuesday saying if I upgrade my plan by 10 more per month I can have one for free, or if I stick with my current plan I can have one for 99, I'm guessing that they'll want my old one in return. I don't mind about waiting for it to be jailbroken, I'm a patient man.

    EDIT: after looking at o2's website the 3G iPhone is the same price to new customers, so I'll have 2 iPhones, plus the 16GB is 159. Count me in for DAMN sure.
    Last edited by Doktaphex; 06-12-2008 at 03:46 AM.
    Peace,

    Dok

    :iphone: + :hack: =

    If you ever need any help, check out this thread, or PM me


  2. #12
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    61
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    guess i'll be sticking with my 1st Generation iPhone i bought 3 months ago....as we've heard tht activating will be in-stores only, 1st Gen iPhone's price may go rocket high! im glad i have my iPhone next to me
    8GB iPhone: Unlocked/Jailbroken [ZiPhone]
    Firmware: 1.1.4 :iphone:

    Upgraded to Firmware 2.0.1 ------> Dev Team Rocks!

  3. #13
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    i'm keeping my first gen :iphone:. its nice that the new gen :iphone: has GPS and all kinds of other bells and whistles..but its bad enough as it is, i charge my :iphone: every two days ... just imagine if i was using it with GPS and taking advantage of 3G ... i'd be constantly charging it .... i love the :iphone: as it is with its hacking abilities. if i need GPS ... i'll buy a tom tom and keep my iphone for other useful things
    -Joe


    Currently 1.2.0(Unlocked OTB 1.1.2)
    Unlocked 1.1.4
    Unlocked 1.1.3
    Week 50
    BL 4.6
    BB 04.02.13_G
    Unlocked 1.2.0 PWNAGE 2.0

    If Any advice I've provided was of any use to you, Please consider giving me *Thumbs UP*

  4. #14
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    58
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I'm sticking with my 1Gen 16gb iphone. From my perspective the once the 2.0 firmware is installed on my 1Gen iphone it will have 95% of the what 2Gen iphone has.

    I'm on T-mobile (US) and switching to ATT just to get 3G and "true" GPS doesn't make sense. In addition to raising their data plan $10/month, ATT now charges for all SMS messages. That will add another $60-100/year to the cost of using the phone on their network.

    Would I like 3G? Yes. Is it worth an extra $180 + a year (120 data + SMS 60)? Not to me!

  5. #15
    Ghost in the Machine Array Doktaphex's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    511
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    You guys in the states are getting a really rough deal, over here in the UK o2 are not changing the contract price at all, all I have to do is renew my 18 month contract.

    So far I'm very happy with o2, they have possibly the best UK network anyway.
    Peace,

    Dok

    :iphone: + :hack: =

    If you ever need any help, check out this thread, or PM me


  6. #16
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    45
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I personally will be upgrading, and here is why..

    I'm expecting Fido here in Canada to be offering some sort of unlimited data plan, and from what they've told me, they'll be implementing some kind of IMEI tracking for the data usage. So, I will pass off my 1st gen iPhone to my wife to replace her aging Moto, and buy myself a new one.

    I don't mind so much going legit this time, seeing as it's actually available in my country now, and I don't care so much about homebrew apps as I cared about unlocking it which isn't a big deal now.

  7. #17
    Administrator Array

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,145
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    yeah, in the state the plan will cost $10 more per month and on top of that, you have to pay additional cost/plan if you want text messaging ... I'm glad you have a good plan with o2.

  8. #18
    Ghost in the Machine Array Doktaphex's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    511
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    I guess it's down to the fact we've had 3G for years and it's still pretty new to the states.
    Peace,

    Dok

    :iphone: + :hack: =

    If you ever need any help, check out this thread, or PM me

  9. #19
    law2004
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by )law( View Post
    Here is the deal. I have decided not to buy a iphone2.0 out right (due to its lack of features) unless i can make up the money in a short amout of time. I have someone who wants to buy my 1st gen 8gb iphone for 350$+. That amount is more then enough to buy a 3g 16gb iphone. What i really want to know is what you guys think should i upgrade and move on to a unhacked (for now) 3g iphone or stay in the game with a hackable one (the phone that got me in to the hack game). Sorry if my post seems lame, i just thought it would be important to get some others guys takes on my situation
    sell it on ebay.. u can get 450+ on it. i sold mine for 522$

  10. #20
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    82
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by law2004 View Post
    sell it on ebay.. u can get 450+ on it. i sold mine for 522$
    I really wish I had put a case on it, mine is now a little scratched up so I probably wont get as much on ebay if I decide to sell it.


 

 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Advice] Should I buy or should I wait?
    By XpacK in forum iPhone 3G
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-06-2008, 05:52 PM
  2. [Advice] 1.1.4 Geohot IPSF -> 2.0. Must wait for JB?
    By darveesh in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-12-2008, 11:57 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-07-2008, 10:53 PM
  4. [Advice] Order now or rather wait
    By o-ver in forum General
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-05-2008, 01:54 PM
  5. [Advice] Buy a 1.1.2 or wait for 1.1.3?
    By Marginal in forum General
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-17-2008, 05:02 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:12 AM.
twitter, follow us!