Discuss [Ziphone] crashed while unlocking and bricked iPhone at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; I used ziphone to unlock my iphone. then at the middle power black out. when ...
[Ziphone] crashed while unlocking and bricked iPhone
I used ziphone to unlock my iphone. then at the middle power black out. when i restarted my iphone, only white text scrolling. the following messege is what i got:
" BSD root: md0 major 2, minor 0"
now the problem is my itune does not recoginze my iphone i can't restore. anybody has some idea?
any big brother knows how i can get itune connected so i can go back to restore my fone? recovery mode doesnt work!
try DFU mode
- Open up iTunes on your computer.
- Connect iPhone to iTunes via your white USB cable. Doesn't matter if iTunes sees iPhone at this time or not (and in your case iTunes won't see anything yet)
- Now turn on your iPhone and wait for your error message thing
Here is where it gets important
- Hold down the home button+power button for around 10secs (or until iPhone turns off and screen goes black)
- Release power button but keep holding home.
- keep holding that home button until iTunes sees you. This may take a few seconds so be patient. In fact it can take up to 10-15 secs sometimes for me.
- iTunes should see you and tell you that you are in recovery mode and you have to restore etc. click restore.
If this didnt work, try again.
Last edited by secretmrx; 05-14-2008 at 10:51 AM.
yep, i had that BSD error also, its not scary as it sounds and defenately not BRICKED iphone
just do the DFU mode and restore, than i suggest use iLiberty+ not ziphone (just from my experience )
i have a similar problem, it shows me the same script....
so i have put iPhone i recovery mode (pressing home+sleep) and i tried to restore whit iTunes and it says can't restore (error 1011)
Try DFU mode, not recovery
Originally Posted by m4v3r1k
also read this:
By lowf in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 01-22-2009, 01:02 AM
By virgin in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 03-22-2008, 08:07 PM
By silap in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 02-14-2008, 10:50 PM
By pspsully in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 11-12-2007, 07:34 AM