Results 1 to 6 of 6
Discuss ZiPhone - BootLoader 4.6 Question. at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; Why should i use "-b -a -j" to unlock 4.6 bootloader and not "-u -a ...
  1. #1
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    16
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default ZiPhone - BootLoader 4.6 Question.

    Why should i use "-b -a -j" to unlock 4.6 bootloader and not "-u -a -j"?


    I used "-u -a -j" in some iPhones using ZiPhone 1.0, when dont have -b. I'll have some problem?



    Thanks



  2. #2
    Board Hero Array jsalva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,173
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by othain View Post
    Why should i use "-b -a -j" to unlock 4.6 bootloader and not "-u -a -j"?


    I used "-u -a -j" in some iPhones using ZiPhone 1.0, when dont have -b. I'll have some problem?



    Thanks
    -u will downgrade your baseband from 4.03 to 4.02 and unlock

    -b will downgrade your bootloader from 4.6 to 3.9 and unlock your basband on 4.03, then you will have a full 1.1.3 FW with 4.03 Baseband and 3.9 bootloader

    the -b option was not available on ziphone 1.0 and thats why at that moment you'll ended up with a 1.1.3 FW, 4.02 Baseband and 4.6 bootloader.

    Hope it helps

  3. #3
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    16
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jsalva View Post
    -u will downgrade your baseband from 4.03 to 4.02 and unlock

    -b will downgrade your bootloader from 4.6 to 3.9 and unlock your basband on 4.03, then you will have a full 1.1.3 FW with 4.03 Baseband and 3.9 bootloader

    the -b option was not available on ziphone 1.0 and thats why at that moment you'll ended up with a 1.1.3 FW, 4.02 Baseband and 4.6 bootloader.

    Hope it helps
    Whats the diference of baseband 4.02 and 4.03?
    Will have any diference in the news iPhone Firmwares this types of unlock? (1.1.4...)

  4. #4
    Board Hero Array jsalva's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,173
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by othain View Post
    Whats the diference of baseband 4.02 and 4.03?
    Will have any diference in the news iPhone Firmwares this types of unlock? (1.1.4...)
    There are some differences of course between the two basebands.

    example:

    If you have 1.1.3 FW and 4.02 BB the locate me function on google maps will not work unless you install a third party software (locateMe or Navizone).

    now, there are other things you need to take into consideration, at present moment there is only an option to DOWNGRADE your bootloader (via software, i'm sure there is a way to UPGRADE via hardware but i'm also sure that is not user friendly)
    so if for any reason you want to go up again to bootloader 4.6 you will not be able to doit until a software solution is released.

  5. #5
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    16
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Thank you. Finally question...

    If i used "-u -a -j" in a 4.6 Bootloader, can i use "-b" Command? I need only to restore to 1.1.3 again?


    Thank You!


  6. #6
    Speedy Administrator Array n350z's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,021
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by othain View Post
    Thank you. Finally question...

    If i used "-u -a -j" in a 4.6 Bootloader, can i use "-b" Command? I need only to restore to 1.1.3 again?


    Thank You!
    Yes you can use -b later.


    Personally I'd keep my options open and wait for a bit and see what way the 1.1.4 firmware takes the unlock before downgrading the BL to 3.9.
    -
    Read the stickies and search the forum before posting!
    Did we solve your problem? +1 us above
    If you want to become a Hackint0sh supporter click here
    ----------
    Follow Hackint0sh Follow Me

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. [Bootloader] Used ZiPhone to erase it > now freezes
    By virgin in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 06-15-2008, 03:43 AM
  2. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 03-27-2008, 06:56 AM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-25-2008, 03:10 AM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-23-2008, 11:27 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:39 PM.
twitter, follow us!