Discuss [ZiPhone] Apple logo, endless loop [SOLVED] at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; Here's what I did. It was a combination of two different posts that I read.
Here's what I did. It was a combination of two different posts that I read.
- Download DFU extract to c: folder (search the forum you can find it)
- Open iTunes
- Run DFU by going to Start - Run - And type c:/dfu/dfu iBSS.m68ap.RELEASE.dfu
- Hold down home and power button for about 10 secs
- When screen goes black release the power but NOT the home
- DFU and iTunes will error out but you will see that your computer recognizes a USB device
- Go to My Computer - Properties - Hardware - Device Manager
- Go to USB devices and select select the one that says apple
- Right click and choose to update driver
- State that you have the disk
- Navigate to windows/system32/drivers/usbaapl.sys
- Update using this driver
You will now see that itunes recognizes your device is in recovery mode, now you can restore and attemp to unlock again. Good luck and thanks to the people that I stole this from, you know who you are =)
what worked for me was this:
restore iphone to 1.1.3 (using dfu or restore mode)
after restart, close all itunes helper / apple mobile device / etc
put the phone in restore mode (button holding blah blah blah)
The GUI version 1.1 of ZiPhone is problematic. You may be stuck at the apple logo on your iphone. You have to DFU and restore to put the phone back in action.
How to DFU:
- run itunes
- connect iphone
- the phone is probably stuck at apple logo at this point.
- hold power+home at the same time
- iphone will go black.
- start counting 1-10
- let go power and continue holding home (you want to let go of the power button within 10 sec or BEFORE the apple logo appears again)
- your phone will be in DFU mode and itunes will detect it (you will see cable + CD)
- restore your firmware
Now. with the phone back in action. You want to use version 1.0 of the GUI here: http://**********.com/files/91372036...ne_5_.zip.html
- extract file
- put phone in recovery mode by holding power+home, let go of power AFTER apple appears and continue holding home, let go of home when cable & CD appear.
- if itunes is running, close it.
- double click on ziphoneGUI.exe
- put check mark in jailbreak, activate, unlock (or whatever suit your need).
- click start
- phone will reboot and will be jailbroken & activated
Last edited by dtube; 02-13-2008 at 09:13 AM.
By paulsimmons in forum General
Last Post: 02-07-2011, 10:58 AM
By komes in forum PwnageTool
Last Post: 07-21-2008, 07:56 AM
By saif_so in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 12-28-2007, 02:18 AM
By melefire in forum Archiv (Leopard)
Last Post: 07-09-2007, 04:43 PM