Discuss Week 41 US iPhone with Firmware 04.02.13_G!!! at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; Ok,
I have in my possession 2 iPhones from the week 41 batch. I only ...
Week 41 US iPhone with Firmware 04.02.13_G!!!
I have in my possession 2 iPhones from the week 41 batch. I only opened 1 so far to see what firmware version it has. I used the *3001#12345#* to find out what firmware it has. To my surprise it has OTB 04.02.13_G.
I've been reading the posts in this forum for the last 2 days now. Supposedly week 41 iPhones SHOULD be unlockable. I'm not sure what bootloader it has. I've read one thread that said to "search for how to ssh". Tried that, couldn't find anything.
Anyone have any idea off the top of their head if this one can be unlocked or somehow did Apple get the 4.6 BL into this old week 41 phone?
I'm stressing reading thorough tons of threads on this site and searching via Google.
Please help me answer this question. Or at least point to the EXACT thread that will help me determine what BL this one has. I'm hoping it's not 4.6 so I can unlock these two phones.
I'm sorry to disapoint you but theyre with the new bootloader
I've bought myself one from week 42 in about 2 weeks and it has the new bootloader.
If you still have hope for the old bootloader then just find the guide how to check the bootloader.
check the bootloader, i got a 44 week iphone with 1.1.2 firmware and i lost hope, then after 3 weeks i said to my self, i should check the bootloader, and then.... 3.9
i was lucky i guess...
but check anyway...
What's the thread link to check the bootloader? The easiest way. I've searched and I'm reading so much stuff that it's all confusing the hell out of me the more I read.
I checked mine yesterday. Mine was Week 42 US iphone. It too had bootloader 4.6.
I also looked around almost for 3, 4 hrs. There were many warnings in net not to use the tools like iNdependece similar onces used for 1.0.2 or OTB 1.1.1.
I guess this is relatively safer as I did not use custom tools. But you should know most basic about unix - windows tools. Connecting and File Transfer. Thats all.
Here is how you can check it. I was on WinXP.
1. Install iTunes 7.5 from apple. Connect ur iphone to PC.
2. Downgrade FW 1.1.2 to 1.1.1. Power + Home button for 10 Secs. Release power. Blankscreen appears. Continue to hold. iphone gets recognised again in itunes. Restart your iphone. Ignore the error message.
3. download iphuc windows.
Go to command line where iphuc is stored (say C:\iphuc
cmd setenv auto-boot true
wait for a minute.
4. Jailbreak 1.1.1 through Wi-Fi (by jailbreakme.com in iphone). I hope this you know already.
5. in Iphone, go to installer + install + all applications + insatll BSD + install SSH
6. Download WinSCP, Putty
7. go to ur WI-FI in iphone it has ur wi-fi connection button with > at end. Note IP
8. In WinSCP host is IP, connection SSH. user root, pwd alpine. Connect.
9. download bbupdater.
remove .txt extesio
10. put the bbupdater in bin directory
11. download putty, connect host root@ip. pwd alpine
12. go to bin, chmod +x bbupdater and/or chmod 0755 bbupdater
13. issue launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter
14. Now, bbupdater -v
mine is week 44 and the old bootloader.. thats so weird how they are all over the place
The link for iPhuc didn't work. Anywhere else to get it?
Originally Posted by reddy
Just had a 733 OTB apple soho....
I suggest not shopping by serial !!
You have a week 33 with the new firmware on it?
Maybe if thats the case it was stocked up and then Apple updated it?
This is a real pain though it seems all different screens and firmwares are mixed up... I want a decent screen but the new ones all have bad ones!
PM me - if you have a good screen maybe ill buy it from you if your willing to sell!
Ok, I'm running into problems from the start here. I'll tell you exactly what I'm doing and maybe you can help me understand why this doesn't want to work.
Originally Posted by reddy
1. Installed iTunes 7.5 from Apple's site. The absolute latest version unless they updated within the past hour or so.
2. Downloaded iPhuc from http :// rapid share .com /files / 61742428/ iphuc.zip
3. Installed iPhuc in an iPhuc folder on the C:\ drive.
4. Opened up iTunes and hooked up the iPhone turned off.
Here's where I start running into problems. As soon as I hook the iPhone up with the USB cable, the silver Apple logo comes up and the phone turns on itself. After it loads up to the Emergency screen.
Is it supposed to do that?
I also tried to open up the iPhuc.exe program on my hard drive through the Command Prompt. It gives me an error:
"This application has failed to start because iTunesMobileDevice.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."
What's that? I'm following the instructions but don't see and of this mentioned in the instructions.
Please tell me it's something I'm doing wrong that's easily fixable.
By msto in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 12-26-2007, 01:01 AM
By Somsak in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 12-02-2007, 11:13 AM
By imadious in forum General
Last Post: 11-29-2007, 03:08 PM