Discuss Virginiz or NoT?? at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; If anyone can help me, i unlock my iphone 1.0.2 using the unlock guide below ...
Virginiz or NoT??
If anyone can help me, i unlock my iphone 1.0.2 using the unlock guide below in the hackintosh forum. I want to update to fw 1.1.1, but not sure if i need to virginiz my phone before i do an update? Any tips or help would be great full.
Originally Posted by carlosvaldosta
If you are using a pc, and like the AppTapp/PAYCAY/iBrickr - .pxl method this is the guide to use.
First off, I am doing this as a "From Box to Unlock" method. If you've f'ed up your iphone using some other method, i may be able to help, but this is what i have done, now 14 times, without a single issue.
Rule #1 - READ ALL INSTRUCTION STEPS BEFORE DOING THEM.
Rule #2 - have fun with your unlocked iphone.
1) Open Box. take out iphone... it should turn on...Turn it off (red slide).
2) Check to make sure itunes is ver 188.8.131.52. If not download it.
3) Close itunes. make sure ituneshelper is terminated in processes under the task
4) Plug usb cable into PC. plug other end in iphone, and as soon as the gray apple appears, hold power button and home button down at same time. Keep holding the buttons down. your iphone will reset itself 2-3 times before you get a yellow triangle.
5) Open itunes. It will say it needs to restore your iphone. hit restore iphone in itunes. this should take about 5 minutes(depending on pc i guess)
6) Wait for everything to finish, and it is back on the activation screen.
7) Close itunes. open up AppTapp. Click continue. Select 1.0.2. Hit continue.
****this is very important... i have seen were AppTapp hangs...it will say that it is copying files, but never does, or it will go thru it very fast...3 seconds or so, and says it is done...IT IS NOT. The way you can tell is if your iphone restarts and goes to the yellow triangle screen, then back t the activation screen.***
8) Close AppTapp. Open PAYCAY, run the (CLICK HERE) activate.bat. it will start to copy files to your iphone. it will also activate your itunes. Follow the instructions on the screen...when it tells you to restart your phone turn your phone off(red slide). Leave it off for about 15 seconds, turn it on. you should now see the springboard(not the Waiting for activation screen).
9) Open iBrickr. Click applications. Install the installer. follow these instructions onscreen very carefully...you will have to completely restart your iphone twice during this process.
10) Go back to main screen on iBrickr, and press applications. Click file, select the Unlock-fast.pxl. Install it, and it will soft boot your phone when done.
11) keep phone connected to pc, move slide to get back to springboard. press the unlock icon near the bottom of the screen. press start ONCE!..wait... when it says complete at the top, press home button. Turn off iphone. take out ATT sim, hold it in the air and say " This sim has been freed by The Liberator! AKA CarlosValdosta!!!"
12) Put in your sim, make sure that the slanted edge is in the right way.
13) Turn on your unlocked iphone.
14) Take the plastic off of the phone if you havent already.
17) Use iBrickr to remove the unlock.app. ( go to applications. look at fake iphone on right...click on little red circle next to unlock.app
16) Be the envy of all your friends.
Signing off... "The Liberator"...CarlosValdosta
Sorry, read the link and it didnt answer my question. Is it possible to mess up your iphone if you virginiz it not know how the unlock was perform or which method was used?
you need to re-virgin.
Why? because you did not use anySIM 1.1.
Anything other than anySIM 1.1 requires re-virginization if you want to upgrade to 1.1.1 - Search the forum for re-virgin method.
Revirgin does not apply to IPSF, you need to contact IPSF for 1.1.1
Is it possible to mess up your phone. YES, it is possible. If you have a working phone running 1.0.2, and you just want to re-virgin so you can upgrade to 1.1.1 - you can mess up your phone if you don't do it right. It is not simple.
If you have a bricked phone, non-funtional phone & you know how it was unlocked. Yes, you can try to re-virgin it but may or may not work. Best advice, if you don't know much, be patience and hopefully a tool will be available to rectify the problem in the near future.
Last edited by dtube; 11-02-2007 at 03:02 AM.
Can we get a sticky made for noobs telling them when they need to virgizine? This question must get asked 3 times a day.. I would say tell them no and let them brick their phone but that would only cause them to post more crap that a simple search could answer.
Originally Posted by dtube
I wish we have a sticky for this particular question too. The term "virginization" and "re-virgin" are being used all other. It is crazy. I constantly answer similar questions because I don't want people to mess up their phones. Brand new, 1.1.1 phones, they cannot unlock and immediately they want to "virginized". F**king unbelievable.
I love to help but I'm getting frustrated because users are not reading or being misinformed.
Thanks for your input (dtube) even tho it was a noob question. Thx for the answer. Your awsome.
Based on your first post, you unlocked using iUnlock (Step 10). This was available on iBrickr. As I recall that's what I used to initially unlock my iPhone. Both iUnlock and AnySim1.0.2 were basically the same program; just different versions.
Originally Posted by vizi0
Cool, so now i know what method i use to unlock thx