Discuss very strange problem fixing updated 1.1.2 phone - any suggestions? at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; I'm trying to fix an unlocked 1.1.1 phone (used anySIM 1.1) that was accidentally updated ...
very strange problem fixing updated 1.1.2 phone - any suggestions?
I'm trying to fix an unlocked 1.1.1 phone (used anySIM 1.1) that was accidentally updated to 1.1.2
Anyway I ran through these steps:
- restore to 1.1.2
- restore to 1.1.1 with 1015 at the end
- iphuc the phone with cmd setenv auto-boot true; cmd saveenv, cmd fsboot
- now at the earth activation screen
- *#307# method
- connect to wifi
- it goes to website and reboot and back to the DFU screen
- now, I Iphuc again (similar to above) and I'm seeing the springboard.
- I reboot the phone and I'm back at the DFU screen.
- I iPhuc again and I'm back at the springboard.
I can do everything including unlock with anySIM 1.1.2p, Oktoprep and etc ... but If I reboot the phone I will be back at the DFU screen. there is no way I can "update" the phone to 1.1.2. I can only choose restore but that will wipe out the Oktoprep.
The only thing I can think of is to go all the way back to 1.0.2 - and start from there. My previous steps skipped the 1.0.2 downgrade.
when ur in "restore mode" use independens, then it will kick u out of the restore mode, and then u can use "update" hope it work
I can confirm that the 1.1.2 is now workable in any country and any carrier but you need to code something specially for your country and carrier.
1. If you are in 1.1.1 now with new modem firmware and your phone just shows the connect to itune logo on iphone screen then u should try to boot it by iBriker 0.91 and it will boot your phone.
2. Do not use anysim 1.2 under new modem version, it does not work and it does not required for 1.1.2 firmware anymore (I am 100% sure that no more sim unlocking tools required for 1.1.2).
3. After Oktoprep on 1.1.1 jailbreaked system you can directly update (not restore) to 1.1.2 and just use the new jailbreak method to go into system of new firmware (download from http://code.google.com/p/idemocracy/)
4. You need to do manual coding for country and your carrier, you can see more on http://www.modmyifone.com/forums/sho....02.13_G+1.1.1
This mothod works perfectly for me if you follow everything
Last edited by liton; 11-22-2007 at 09:50 AM.
Thanks for your suggestions.
My problem is solved.
I don't know what went wrong but I rebooted my computer. Prior to jailbreakme.com I set my settings, general, autolock to never then jailbreakme.com and that worked.
I was able to proceed and finish up my 1.1.2 upgrade.
Last edited by dtube; 11-22-2007 at 11:20 AM.
By ScoobyDooo in forum General
Last Post: 08-21-2008, 01:38 AM
By Spinstorm in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 04-30-2008, 06:28 AM
By kickbike in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 03-23-2008, 06:01 PM
By wildonrio in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 10-20-2007, 04:35 PM
By upsett3r in forum General
Last Post: 10-10-2007, 07:22 AM