Discuss Unlocking ootb 1.1.2 with iphonesimfree? at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; Hi,
someone just told me, 1.1.2 ootb iPhones are unlockable with IPSF, when downgraded to ...
Unlocking ootb 1.1.2 with iphonesimfree?
someone just told me, 1.1.2 ootb iPhones are unlockable with IPSF, when downgraded to 1.1.1.
Here is the howto:
All needed tools here:
1. Put your iPhone into service-mode and downgrade v 1.1.1 by holding alt while klicking on restore in iTunes
2. jailbreak it with appsnapp
3. install BSD subsystem and openSSH
4. Put ipsf-files into applications in the iPhone and restart it
5. Remove your sim from the Phone and turn of Autolock.
6. Do the unlock now.
7. Install octoprep.
8. Copy libreadline.5.2.dylib to /usr/local/lib on your Mac.
9. Upgrade to 1.1.2 again and jailbreak.
10. Copy unlockd to user/libexec. Do not forget to backup unlockd before.
11. Restart th iPhone with your Sim inside.
(remove the - in rapid-share)
I have to say, I got no clue, if this is something new, possible or maybe complete bullshit. Cannot test because Apple refuses to let me buy iPhones with my cc (they say I already reached the maximum of online purchases, although I got a virgin cc and no iPhone. Second thing makes me cry). The procedure sounds odd to me, because it is mainly applying ipsf to a downgraded 1.1.2, but people keep reporting that it works, and some seem to slightly have a notion of what they're talking. But unless they are no hackint0shers, you pros might want to have a look at it.
So if all this is bullshit, just close this thread, throw it in the basket and forget it ever existet. ;-)
the answer is no, the point of the new bootloader is that it closes the RSA bug that IPSF exploits.
talk of IPSF is also not tolerated on these forums,
By sunilvirus in forum Hardware Unlock
Last Post: 02-10-2008, 02:22 PM
By seghtman in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 02-09-2008, 04:35 AM
By aft164 in forum Turbo-, Supersim and Simcloning Solution
Last Post: 12-30-2007, 11:30 PM
By xMemphisx in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 10-11-2007, 09:33 PM
By mustu in forum General
Last Post: 08-31-2007, 05:08 PM