Discuss Unlocked 1.1.1 dead for no reason at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; I unlocked my OTB 1.1.1 using jailbreakme and anySIM. It worked great for the past ...
Unlocked 1.1.1 dead for no reason
I unlocked my OTB 1.1.1 using jailbreakme and anySIM. It worked great for the past month. Last night I was trying to uninstall a few apps from Installer. I had about 3 or 4 of them installed (radio, aquarium, sketchnotes etc). When I went to installer, it froze. It wouldnt even go back to the home screen.
I restarted the phone using the power button and now it just shows the apple logo. After 10-15 mins it shows the loading image on TOP of the apple logo. But then it doesnt do anything.
I didnt have it connected to iTunes - I was using wi-fi for installer. I havent heard of this happening to anyone.
i install something from the installer and that happen when i restart. the screen only show the apple logo. not much i could do so i just restore, and its working fine now.
You restored an unlocked Iphone? Doesnt it cause the phone to get bricked?
What did you do after the restore?
no, i restore using the same version fw. just have to jailbreak again
happened to me the same....
I tried to unlock a OTB1.1.2 and downgraded it to 1.1.1.
Then tried to jailbreakme, the safari crashed, got back to the "slide to emergency" and then it went to reboot..
While rebooting, the apple Logo appears and NOTHING happens... also that "Loading" sign appears...
But nothing happens...
This happened with 2 iphones of me ((
Why are you trying to unlock a OTB 1.1.2? just curious unless you just want a 1.1.2 iPod Touch lol
Originally Posted by Sunriser
You can restore to firmware 1.1.1 no problem. Just follow these steps:
Originally Posted by aeg0
1. Put your iPhone into DFU mode (With iTunes still open and the iPhone still connected, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button until the screen turns black. Once it does, let go of the Sleep/Wake button. Continue to hold the Home button until iTunes displays a popup about the iPhone being in recovery mode. Click OK.)
2. In iTunes hold the shift key and click on ‘Restore’
3. Select the 1.1.1 firmware file and hit ‘OK’ (Download it here: http://www.hacktheiphone.com/112/iph...re_update.html)
4. After about 4 minutes you will get an error (That’s OK)
5. Close iTunes
6. Download iPhuc (Download it here: http://code.google.com/p/iphuc/)
7. Launch the iphuc.exe and type each of these commands on their own line and hit enter for each:
cmd setenv auto-boot true
8. Wait a few seconds and your iPhone should be out of DFU mode and at the activation screen.
9. Slide to reach the emergency dial screen
10. Enter *#307# and then press call
11. Your phone will ring itself, press answer
12. Press hold now and your phone will start ringing again
13. Press Dismiss and your phone will go into the contacts/dial screen
14. Press contacts from the bottom bar and add a contact
15. Add a contact with a random name and homepage of: prefs://1f
16. Save it and click on the link. This will take you straight into the settings menu of the iPhone
17. Select 'General' and then select 'Auto-lock'and hit 'Never'
18. Now go back and add your WiFi network
19. Hit the home button and you will now be taken back to the emergency dial screen
20. Repeat steps 10b-14b and now add another contact with a random name and a homepage of: jailbreakme.com
21. Save it and click on the link. This will launch safari and take you to the appsnapp install page
22. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on 'Install appsnapp'
23. After it installs you should have a jailbroken and activated phone with the installer.app
24. Launch installer and install 'BSD Subsystem' and then select the sources button at the bottom of the screen
25. Click on 'Edit' and then click on 'Add'
26. Type 'http://i.unlock.no' the sources will refresh
27. Select the install button at the bottom of the screen and scroll down where it says 'Unlocking Tools'
28. Select and install anySIM and follow the instructions
29. Restart your iPhone and that's it!
Let me know if this works for you
it happen to my friend when he uninstall the radio app. just restore and you will be fine.
By Hairy in forum Hardware
Last Post: 08-01-2010, 03:16 PM
By jacian in forum General
Last Post: 04-24-2009, 01:48 PM
By phelipe in forum PwnageTool
Last Post: 10-14-2008, 12:19 AM
By fschlim in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 02-21-2008, 08:56 PM
By bballgd111 in forum General
Last Post: 10-03-2007, 01:22 AM