Discuss Unlocked 1.1.1 with AnySIM 1.2u - no service at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; I have a 1.1.1 Activated and "Unlocked" iPhone. I used AnySIM1.2u in 1.1.1. It reported ...
Unlocked 1.1.1 with AnySIM 1.2u - no service
I have a 1.1.1 Activated and "Unlocked" iPhone. I used AnySIM1.2u in 1.1.1. It reported it was successful. Reads the SIM but no service.
I started with OTB 1.1.1
Down to 1.0.2
up to 1.1.1 - Failed
Restore to 1.1.2
Down to 1.1.1
Ran AnySiM 1.1 -Fail
Ran AnySIM 1.2u
1.What is wrong? (really want to know this)
2.What should I do? (thinking about doing this http://www.winandmac.com/mobile/iphone/unlock-iphone-112-via-downgrade/)
I thank you for your time.
I had same issue and at some point (during the revirginize and then consequent upgrades through 1.1.1 -> 1.1.2 I had my AT&T original SIM in the phone.
I got the "No Service" message with the AT&T SIM but then at last moment switched out to local provider's and it now works. I don't know for sure, but think that having the AT&T one in there during firmware restores/upgrades makes a difference.
Have your SIM in at the point you run anySIM 1.2.1u.
Cheers, -= Digga =-
I had my non att SIM in there at the time of unlock
I also noticed someone ha posted a similar post....sorry for double post but I would still like to know what exactly is wrong, i can provide more details if needed
Last edited by plonker; 11-20-2007 at 04:52 AM.
I did it without going to 1.0.2. From 1.1.1, Restore to 1.1.2, downgrade to 1.1.1 and install BSD, OKtoPrep and run Anysim 1.2u. Then you update to 1.1.2, jailbreak and all done..
Is there a link to this procedure i can follow?
Should I start at a specific step? Just a little paranoid. Thanks for your help and patience.
1. OTB1.1.1 without doing anything, restore to 1.1.2.
2. Restore back to 1.1.1, got error 1015 and it stay in DFU mode forever.
3. Start iphuc and run the following and your iphone will start. In each time your iphone reboot it will still be in DFU mode and you have to run the following command to start until your are in 1.1.2.
cmd setenv auto-boot true
4. Unlock using the easy way which most people use to jailbreak and unlock.
5. Install BSD, OKtoPrep, Anysim 1.2u and run anysim. At this point you won't be having any sevice yet untill you update to 1.1.2 and jailbreak.
6. Use update and Not restore to 1.1.2.
7. Jailbreak using 1.1.2-jailbreak-UPDATED.zip which need java.
8. Search this forum for a correct AppSupport for 1.1.2 or the following.
If that is -exactly- what you did, you're actually unlocked.
Originally Posted by plonker
The problem is that when you restored to 1.1.2 to updated the baseband to 1.1.2 (4.02.13). 1.1.1 firmware doesn't work with the 4.02.13 baseband.
Here's how to fix:
- Go to jailbreakme.com - jailbreak/activate your iPhone.
- Use the resulting "Installer" to install OktoPrep (Tweaks)
- UPDATE (not restore) to 1.1.2
- Run the latest jailbreak-1.1.2 jar file with you iPhone plugged into to activate/jailbreak
At that point, you should have a jailbroken, activated, unlocked 1.1.2 phone.
if you did upgrade to 1.1.2 already (not important if you were on 1.02 or 1.1.1), this means your baseband is on 04.02.13_G (the 1.1.2) which was/is fine
Originally Posted by plonker
if then you ran anySIM 1.2.1(u) : that's OK, your baseband is unlocked ! It is normal you have no signal under 1.1.1 with an unlocked 04.02.13_G baseband
now run Oktoprep under 1.1.1
upgrade in iTunes to 1.1.2
jailbreak/activate using the 1.1.2 jailbreak/activate tool
in Tweaks 1.1.2 : run iWorld
you're all done !
Last edited by patvg; 11-20-2007 at 09:53 AM.
By haldor64 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 12-17-2007, 12:38 AM
By Mdrei in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 12-03-2007, 09:40 PM
By JCMA90 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 10-31-2007, 10:07 AM
By Mark0824 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 10-25-2007, 03:44 AM
By iPhoneFowles in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 10-16-2007, 06:38 PM