Discuss Unlocked 1.02 w/ iUnlock to Unlocked 1.1.1 Method at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; Hi guys, this method worked for me so I thought i would share it. steps ...
Unlocked 1.02 w/ iUnlock to Unlocked 1.1.1 Method
Hi guys, this method worked for me so I thought i would share it. steps 1-7 were taken from http://360patches.com/virginize.html
Warning: use at your own risk we will not be held responsible if you screw up your phone
Note: I left my Tmobile sim in the whole time.
This tutorial will explain how to take your 1.0.2 phone that has been unlocked using anySIM 1.0 - 1.0.2, iUnlock, iUnlock-fast or any similar means. The problem with these tools is that certain sections of the baseband get "damaged" by them. When you try to update to 1.1.1, your IMEI gets set to a 0049* number and your phone is not working. This guide will show you how to re-virginize your phone. When you are done with the guide, you will have a locked 1.0.2 baseband ready for unlocking or upgrading. This guide assumes you have a working 1.0.2 unlocked phone. Note: If you unlocked using Iphone SIM Free or anySIM 1.1, you do not need to run these steps.
1. First, you need installer loaded. If you do not have this on your phone already, run apptappinstaller (windows) or here (Mac) with your phone attached to your PC.
2. Next, you need to get community sources installed in your installer. If you just completed step 1, installer will require you to upgrade before you can do this, so go ahead and upgrade to installer 3. In either case, install community sources if you haven't already.
3. Next we need to add BigBoss's installer repository. Close installer and open mobile safari. Type this URL: http://markmon.mine.nu:90/iphone/repo/repo.plist and agree to install the repository.
4. Return to installer and refresh sources. Now you need to install the following packages:
* BSD Subsystem (System Category)
* Term-VT100 (System category)
* Virginize Scripts (Utilities category)
* anySIM 1.1 (Utilities category) - only if you plan to unlock 1.0.2 afterwards. If you plan to upgrade to 1.1.1 immediately you can skip this.
5. Now exit installer and open up the Term VT100 on your phone. Type these two commands into the term:
6. When the virginize script runs, you should not see any sort of (16) resource busy errors. If you do, stop the script, unload commcenter by running this:
launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
then restart the script.
7. When the sript completes you should be done and your phone will be locked once again. You can unlock your phone using anySIM 1.1 if you want or you can upgrade to 1.1.1 FW.
8. Download iNdependence 1.3 beta at http://code.google.com/p/independence/ and run the pre 1.1.1 action
9. Reconnect the iphone and let iTunes upgrade to 1.1.1. use the UPdate button. If you get the 1604 error, use a different USB. I worked for me.
10. In iNdependence activate, jailbreak, and anysim. Then visit http://www.jailbreakme.com to install apptapp. jailbreak me stalled so i quit safari and tried again and it worked fine.
Last edited by orbitalpunk; 11-03-2007 at 01:13 PM.
can anyone else confirm that this works?
So if I unlocked my phone the original way using iUnlock and SSH this guide will definitely work?
By sukatoro in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 12-11-2007, 06:05 PM
By Greekgod in forum General
Last Post: 11-23-2007, 03:54 AM
By gaturro in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 11-09-2007, 09:36 PM
By clicked in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 11-05-2007, 06:56 AM
By cc2k4 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 10-16-2007, 09:40 PM