Discuss Unlock Failed -- "Couldn't locate bytes to patch" at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; Ok so since my tzones weren't working I decided to restore/update via itunes (since I ...
Unlock Failed -- "Couldn't locate bytes to patch"
Ok so since my tzones weren't working I decided to restore/update via itunes (since I also don't think I was on 1.0.2 originally). Long story short, after trying to redo the unlock process, now anySIM trips and gives me an error reading "Unlock Failed Couldn't locate bytes to patch"
Has anyone else gotten this error by screwing up the restores etc and been able to correct it? Previously I had an iphone that worked just I couldn't use internet...now I have an iphone that has no internet or phone functionality at all, in fact having my sim card in now does nothing, no bars even.
I've also not been successful with the virginize process as once I open mobileterminal on the iphone (via iphonegoboom instructions) and proceed to try to enter in the command line, it stops my typing and gives me a typ0 error, even though I'm typing exactly per instructions.
So right now the phone is no good, I can't re-unlock, and I'm also not able to virginize successfully--all you experts out there please help!
Last edited by mrtriumph; 09-24-2007 at 01:42 PM.
the unlock is not affected by a restore, you didn't need to unlock again it has messed the firmware. the only way to fix it is to reflash the .fls and .eep then unlock again. If you install ssh you can also do it that way. look for some guides.
1. Upload the following to a directory (I used /unlock):
2. SSH to the iphone (I need to install openSSH,bbs subsystem using ibrickr 0.8 or apptap and used putty as my ssh client) and yes you need wi-fi working.
3. From SSH prompt type the following:
chmod +x bbupdater
launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
./bbupdater -f *.fls -e *.eep
launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
4. Exit putty
5. Run anySIM from the springboard
6. Run PCACAY Activate.bat (if I didn't do this itunes reported an invalid IMEI
7. Reboot phone
8. Optional: run iBrickr and remove openSSH and/or anySIM.
sorry, i try a lot, but i don't resolve the problem "couldn't locate bytes to patch".... help me... please
do that he is saying:
Originally Posted by gaz919
and all is gonna be good
*̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ *̡͌l̡*
this way don't right. you know another way to resolve my problem ? my friend he said that is a "commboard hardware problem". what do you thing about?
Just so I'm clear--openSSH gets installed on the iphone, putty gets installed on my pc, and the bbupdater files get installed to the iphone right? Then i activate the wifi on the iphone and should be able to connect to the iphone through putty and issue those commands?
Yes, basically you are to "restore" your iphone to a "virgin" state with unmodified modem and then try the unlocking process again.
http://www.iphonegoboom.com/ <---- to restore OR follow the instructions posted above.
yes, find the IP address on your iphone, enter in putty, use user id - root, password - dottie
Originally Posted by mrtriumph
Here's what you need to do...For Windows
Forget about all the SSH stuff and Wifi..You can do it straight from on the phone
You Need to install the PXL for MobileTerminal from iBrickr.
go to pxl.ibrickr.com and download it there
You need to both both the .eep and .fls file in /usr/bin
then follow this exactly(copied from iphoneboom)
Once the files have been uploaded go back to the main screen of Ibrickr and choose Applications > install from PXL file and choose MobileTerminal-VT100-svn161.pxl
6. From your iPhone tap the Terminal icon on your springboard and type launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
7. From your iPhone tap the Terminal icon on your springboard and type cd /usr/bin then hit enter, then type chmod +x bbupdater and hit enter then type ./bbupdater -f *.fls -e *.eep and hit enter
8. Restore via Itunes by holding down the power and home keys on your iPhone for up to 45 seconds at which time you’ll see a yellow triangle and a message to connect to Itunes. Make sure your phone is connected to the computer and launch Itunes. Follow the options to restore.
after i type "launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist" and press enter, I get "No such process"
what do i do?
By capuccino in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 10-06-2007, 10:37 AM
By Big Apple in forum General
Last Post: 09-24-2007, 06:56 AM
By iloveiphone2 in forum General
Last Post: 09-17-2007, 06:03 PM
By dungha in forum General
Last Post: 09-17-2007, 10:06 AM
By ice_pascu in forum General
Last Post: 09-16-2007, 06:38 AM