Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142454 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 577
Discuss [ULTIMATE GUIDE] Going from iPhone v1.1.1 to v1.1.2 / Unlocked & Fully working at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; Number_41, Mine was virginize already from the 1.0.2 process. You can just do the step ...
  1. #31
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Number_41,

    Mine was virginize already from the 1.0.2 process. You can just do the step 3 as stated in my post.

    Just becareful, I don't know if the windows.bat will activate the phone or not if you don't have a legit at&t account. The activation check comes after the software upgrade is completed by iTune.


  2. #32
    Amazingly Knowledgeable Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fort Meade
    Posts
    941
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    55

    Default

    The result may be a jailbreaked 1.1.2 iPhone but how the heck are we supposed to activate it? I think there is some sort of logical mistake in the instructions, not only here but also on TUAW (proof of rushing things again... ). Using a modded lockdown file may be the solution.

    Update: just did it, upload this http://raxxxsxare.com/files/63822007/lockdownd.zip to your root/usr/libexec directory, overwriting the existing lockdown file and you're done.
    Last edited by 997TT; 11-12-2007 at 06:28 AM.

  3. #33
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    38
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    does jailbreakme.com work right now?

    what i did:
    i had 1.1.1
    jailbroke it
    installed oKprep
    restored to 1.1.2
    ran windows.bat
    and it said that the phone had to be preped

    so i tryed to downgrade back to 1.1.1
    and now when i go to jailbreak.com and install appsnap - it doesn't do anything for me.

  4. #34
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    76
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vanger1 View Post
    does jailbreakme.com work right now?
    jailbreakme.com exploited a vulnerability in Safari which, obviously, allowed your iPhone to get owned just by visiting a website. 1.1.2 fixes the vulnerability, so no, it won't work.
    I'm a lurker, damnit!
    --
    iPhone 1.0.2 OOB > stabbed vital component with screwdriver during HW unlock, no more hardware unlocks >AppleCare> 1.1.1 OOB >> 1.1.4 Pwned on T-Mobile > * DEAD * >AppleCare> 4.2 BL R-R-R-Refurb 2.0.1 OOB > 2.0.2 QuickPwn > jfb392/T-Pot 2.1 jailbreak > 2.1 Pwnage (Mac) > *crashing issue, bad RAM?* >AppleCare> 4.2 BL R-R-R-Refurb 2.2.1 OOB > 2.2.1 QuickPwn (Mac) > 3.0.1 3GS (AT&T)

    Carrier: AT&T

  5. #35
    Amazingly Knowledgeable Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fort Meade
    Posts
    941
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vanger1 View Post
    does jailbreakme.com work right now?

    what i did:
    i had 1.1.1
    jailbroke it
    installed oKprep
    restored to 1.1.2
    ran windows.bat
    and it said that the phone had to be preped

    so i tryed to downgrade back to 1.1.1
    and now when i go to jailbreak.com and install appsnap - it doesn't do anything for me.

    Why the heck would you want to go back to 1.1.1??? Are you nuts?
    Have you run Windows.bat? Did everything work fine, did it finish?
    If not, have you Java installed?
    The jailbreak job is a piece of cake, activation can be done with the method I mentioned before. CAUTION: a working WiFi internet connection is needed.


  6. #36
    Senior Professional Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    110
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 997TT View Post
    The result may be a jailbreaked 1.1.2 iPhone but how the heck are we supposed to activate it? I think there is some sort of logical mistake in the instructions, not only here but also on TUAW (proof of rushing things again... ). Using a modded lockdown file may be the solution.

    Update: just did it, upload this http://raxxxsxare.com/files/63822007/lockdownd.zip to your root/usr/libexec directory, overwriting the existing lockdown file and you're done.
    my apologies for the confusion, but it seems like you have figured out the activation.

    Could you confirm you have a jailbroken/activated/unlocked v1.1.2 phone here so that others can benefit as well?

    Thanks.

  7. #37
    Jedi Admin Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    sao paulo, brasil
    Posts
    1,242
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    My itunes only shows check for update and restore.

    when i click the restore button, it doesnt ask if i want to update it but restore it...

  8. #38
    Advanced Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    38
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 997TT View Post
    Why the heck would you want to go back to 1.1.1??? Are you nuts?
    Have you run Windows.bat? Did everything work fine, did it finish?
    If not, have you Java installed?
    The jailbreak job is a piece of cake, activation can be done with the method I mentioned before. CAUTION: a working WiFi internet connection is needed.
    becouse when i run windows.bat it says that i din't install the okprep
    and i did before upgrading to 112
    java is installed
    so basicaly since tiff exploit is fixed i cant go back to 1.1.1 and install okprep

    atm i downgraded to 1.0.2 firmware with the 4.02.13_G
    and unlocked it with the anysim 1.2 fromelite

    at least i got this iPhone working

    and since Oktoprep works only on 1.1.1

    i am stuck with 1.0.2 untill non tiff jaibreak/activation method comes out for 1.1.1
    or 1.1.2

    when it's out, all i need is just upgrade the software
    and since 1.1.2 doesn't touch the baseband - i wouldnt even need to unlock it again. i think.

  9. #39
    Amazingly Knowledgeable Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fort Meade
    Posts
    941
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vomer View Post
    my apologies for the confusion, but it seems like you have figured out the activation.

    Could you confirm you have a jailbroken/activated/unlocked v1.1.2 phone here so that others can benefit as well?

    Thanks.
    I have jailbroken and activated 1.1.2 but AnySIM 1.2u seems to have failed, it freezed during operation and after around 10 minutes, the iPhone rebooted (no success message, nothing) and I'm still waiting for it to start up the GUI, I only see some sort of loading "something" action (the well known loading circle) over the Apple logo. Another five minutes have passed and it is still stuck, the circle has frozen, nothing is going on anymore. I'm afraid this is it.
    I'll keep you guys updated. Since I did't do anything wrong (I checked all my steps over and over again), this method is still to young to be 100% reliable, be careful!

    It just rebooted again, there is again the loading circle over the Apple logo but the more I look at it, the more I think that I'm in big trouble, I think this iPhone has been bricked.
    I already semi-bricked one using the Elite Team's first AnySIM 1.2 version (again: NOT by the Dev Team!) and now it happened again. These guys need to try their stuff for a couple of days before they announce it to the public. Apparently they want to be the first but if this means that a couple of dozends of iPhones are bricked in this process, they should reconsider testing it longer and better.

    Yep...round 4 of rebooting, my iPhone doesn't boot the GUI anymore, I need to restore it and I'm not sure how this will work with the jailbreak and activation. Oh boy...I should have known better, now I need to do the whole process again...IF the baseband isn't completely messed up.
    Last edited by 997TT; 11-12-2007 at 07:25 AM.

  10. #40
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    28
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    anySIM 1.1.2 from elite works only with 4.02.13_G baseband version.

    So I have to upgrade my iphone to 1.1.2 then downgrade it to 1.1.1 or 1.0.2 firmware to run anySIM 1.1.2?
    Last edited by kevin3688; 11-12-2007 at 07:20 AM.


 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02-23-2008, 01:49 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-06-2008, 03:37 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-16-2007, 09:40 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-24-2007, 04:57 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:57 AM.
twitter, follow us!