Discuss [Tutorial] Upgrading a US OOT 1.0.2 running 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; Hi all,
After reading the majority of posts on here I thought I would clarify ...
[Tutorial] Upgrading a US OOT 1.0.2 running 1.1.1 to 1.1.3
After reading the majority of posts on here I thought I would clarify some points for everyone to answer most of the questions for the people out there with a OOT 1.0.2 iPhone from another country. (Another guide to follow this post)
HOW TO UPGRADE FROM 1.1.1 TO 1.1.3
- I live in the UK
- I own a US AT&T iPhone
- My iPhone was an OOT 1.0.2 but I have upgraded to 1.1.1
- My Bootloader is 3.9
- My baseband is 04.01.13_G
- My iPhone is jailbreaked/unlocked
- My carrier is Vodafone
- My SIM card remains in my phone throughout the unlock/jailbreak process
I currently have installed the latest version of:
- Community Sources
- BSD Subsystem
Now to upgrade to 1.1.3
I'am using iTunes version 7.6 and will simply use the 'Upgrade' option to get to 1.1.3 (I know this will upgrade my baseband but I will come back to this) I'm using a pre-downloaded 1.1.3 patch from apple's website instead of using the browser download and update.
- Connect your iPhone via USB on your Vista/XP machine
- Launch iTunes 7.6
- Hold SHIFT + select 'Upgrade'
- Browse to where you saved your 1.1.3 update (filename: iPhone1,1_1.1.3_4A93_Restore.ipsw)
- Your iPhone will now start to upgrade to 1.1.3
When your iPhone is done it will reboot and you will be looking at the 'Slide to unlock' screen.
First off a few things.
- Upgrading to 1.1.3 does not upgrade your bootloader version to 4.6
- All the updates are applied and work fine (multiple sms, google locate)
- You don't need to install Navizon to get the locate me working like I've seen some people do
- If you installed any third party apps like iSolitaire it will be missing from your home screen
- The installer.app is missing (the blue installer button)
- Packages are downloading OK without a problem
- You will have no signal (This is because your now on baseband 04.03.13_G)
So now you want Installer back and your signal!
- Download ZiPhone from http://www.ziphone.org/ (Version 2.2) and extract to a dir.
- Connect your iPhone via USB
- Check iTuneshelper.exe is not running (just to be sure) and iTunes is closed
- Go to where you extracted ZiPhone and run ziphoneGUI.exe
- Select Activate & Jailbreak
- Select START
- DO NOT HIT UNLOCK USING ZIPHONE IF YOU HAVE 3.9 BOOTLOADER
- A message will appear to tell you it's talking to your iphone
- Your iphone will reboot once, maybe twice and you will be back at the 'Slide to unlock screen'
- Quit ZiPhone
So hoorah you've now got your Installer App Icon back and your jailbroken on 1.1.3. Now to unlock your iPhone!
- Go to your Installer screen and select 'Sources'
- Make sure you have the iClarified source installed, if you do skip the next 2 steps
- Click 'Edit' in the top right hand corner and select 'Add'
- Address : http://installer.iclarified.com and let it refresh
- Under 'Install' go to the 'iClarified' folder and install 'anySIM 1.3'
- Also install/reinstall BSD Subsystem, without this anySIM will crash when you run it!
- Select the Home button and then run anySIM 1.3
Your iPhone will flash the firmware and mess about for a little while and when its finished you've now got a fully functional iPhone with NO errors/problems at all.
Don't forget :
- If you had third party apps installed before you upgraded to 1.1.3 they are still installed just the home icons missing. Go in to your installer and un-install / re-install the app to restore the icon
- You are now on an unlocked iPhone on baseband 04.03.13_G with bootloader 3.9
- I have not missed out a single step I took and I did not receive any errors/warnings that needed to be noted
- You can now directly restore your iPhone to a 1.1.3 to repair any errors and then use ZiPhone to jailbreak/activate. Use anySIM 1.3 to unlock for Vodafone/T-Mobile/Orange
My guide I hope is fool proof, feel free to post any questions you may have and I will try to help as best I can.
Last edited by spawny; 02-16-2008 at 07:51 PM.
Reason: Updated tutorial
Glad to see such a nice and simple guide written. I am shocked nobody is addressing the majority who are at 1.1.1 and would like to update to 1.1.3!
So if your suggestion of using the GUI but not checking the UNLOCK option is due to the fact that we have 3.9BL, does it mean we could also just use the unlock.no GUI but not select UNLOCK on that one too?
/EDIT - I've just noted in Zibri's README file for v2.2 that UNLOCK works for both BL3.9 and BL4.6. He has mentioned it in the switch "Ziphone -u" - but since its not specific to either BL, then surely if UNLOCK was selected in the GUI - it should in theory unlock, even though the BL is 3.9 after updating to 1.1.3?
Last edited by Dimsum; 02-16-2008 at 06:17 PM.
1st Gen. 8GB 2.0.2 Working on Vodafone (UK), Orange (UK), LUXGSM (Luxembourg) and Dialog GSM (Sri Lanka).
No. of iPhones unlocked on 1.1.3 FW: Nobody cares!
No. of iPhones unlocked on 1.1.4 FW: Nobody cares!
Hi Spawny --
Thanks for your detailed tutorial. This was my 2nd time at attempting an upgrade to 1.1.3 -- the first failed miserably and I was left with a continually crashing iPhone I thought I'd never repair. Finally got back to 1.1.2 and swore to never touch it again.
Anyway -- one suggestion -- After using ZiPhone and doing an activate and jailbreak there was one minor step missing -- I had to reinstall BSD Subsystem from installer in order to run AnySim V1.3Z. Without it the app just froze and it wouldn't run.
Everything else was picture perfect! Thanks again!!
To answer your first question, as far as I can tell as we have 3.9BL we can pretty much upgrade/downgrade without an issue. 4.6BL is slightly more trouble some.
Originally Posted by Dimsum
I used the i.unlock.no method to go from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 and thats it. I didn't use the OKtoPrep that they advise I simply went straight to 1.1.3 (if that answers your question?)
To answer the second question, I think you can run either the 4.6BL or 3.9BL.bat files before you start the unlock/jailbreak/activate process and that configures it. I wanted to play it safe and in the spirit of offering a guide with as many problems removed I went for the easy route of manually Unlocking to the correct baseband.
Dimsum, Thanks for that peice of advice, I have adjusted the guide accordingly.
Im a newb in iphone world. I got an iphone with 1.0.2 firmware US AT&T unlocked to any network here in UK with modem firmware 03.14.08_G. I'd like to upgrade it to the latest firmware which is 1.1.3 what steps do I need to do to upgrade it so I can install more usable apps? can you help me pls...
Just upgrade straight away to 1.1.3 and follow my steps!
You do not need to upgrade to 1.1.1 in order to go to 1.1.3.
Hi Again spawny,
Do I still need to virginize my phone as it is unlocked with firmware 1.0.2 or ill just upgrade straight away as what you said? sorry if im asking a noob questions... thanks in advance...
No need to virginize since 1.1.3 applys new firmware/baseband settings.
Make sure you sync your iPhone so you have a backup of your settings before you upgrade!
Everything work perfectly well. thanks to you!!! youre the man!!!
I'm reaping the benefits of a SNES emulator at the moment, love it!
By anand00x in forum Installation
Last Post: 07-30-2009, 02:53 AM
By thomasand in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 02-29-2008, 08:19 PM
By Twisty iphoney in forum Free Toolchain Software (Cydia App's)
Last Post: 02-07-2008, 06:47 AM
By albeseba86 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 01-28-2008, 10:11 PM
By wrkskrft in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 01-22-2008, 10:47 PM