Discuss TUTORIAL: update/unlock a 1.1.1 bl3.9 to 1.1.3 every step every question answered. at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; Here it is, I upgraded my 1.1.1 3.9bl to 1.1.3 in 10 minutes with no ...
TUTORIAL: update/unlock a 1.1.1 bl3.9 to 1.1.3 every step every question answered.
Here it is, I upgraded my 1.1.1 3.9bl to 1.1.3 in 10 minutes with no issues.... This is a tutorial for doing this on a mac but most steps cross over to pc pretty easily....
Finally I read enough to write this tutorial to make it easy for you to upgrade.. im going to try and answer everybody's questions that i've been seeing on the forums in this tutorial.... Yes its scary but seriously i did all the research for you so you shouldnt have any issues....
first of all... i was on 1.1.1 unlocked with anysim... if you are 1.0.2 then i would suggest you revirginize your unlock and upgrade to 1.1.1 before starting this quest...
I am running os X 10.5.2 and itunes 7.6
I left my fido sim card in through this whole operation...... and it worked fine so no need in my findings to revert back to your att sim......
1. first you have to download the ziphone 2.0, i say fuck the gui version and use the command line version its not hard to do....... get that here www.ziphone.org
2. download the iphone 1.1.3 firmware iPhone1,1_1.1.3_4A93_Restore.ipsw.zip is the name of the file.. make sure it doesnt unzip when you download it... you can get that file from iphone.unlock.no or modmyiphone.com
3. plug in your iphone and sync it to your machine so you have a most recent backup of all your data.
4. I placed the iphone firmware file in my home directory. I also copied the ziphone files into my home directory but not in the ziphone folder, i just copied all the files within it to there. this makes it easier for you trust me...
5. with your iphone plugged in turn it off. Now hold the power and home buttons at the same time until the screen goes black, when the screen goes black just release the power button and still hold the home button until you get the new screen (has a dock cable on it, the recovery mode screen i think its called).. Itunes will now read your phone and tell you it needs to be restored.
6. Hold down option and press restore and point the browser to your home directory where the iphone 1.1.3 firmware is located..... select the firmware and accept and voila itunes will begin to restore your phone to 1.1.3
7. When iphones is done restoring let it find your phone and welcome you to your new iphone screen appears.
8. IMPORTANT.... unplug your iphone.. you should have the slide for emergency screen on your phone now. unplug it from the dock cable. power the phone off... NOW VERY IMPORTANT... Hold down the home button and reconnect the cable to the phone keep holding down HOME until the phone boots to the recovery mode screen.
9. you can leave your sim card in, leave itunes open, nothing matters on that side at this time...
10. open a terminal window.... terminal is an application located in applications/utilities...
11. in the terminal window type
this will take you to your home directory
12. if you type
you should see a list of the directory contents and the ziphone files you copied out of the folder into your home directory should be there... please make sure you downloaded ziphone 2.0 and not earlier..
12. now heres the easy part... simply type the following command and this will do everything
./ziphone -v -j -a -u
Thats it.... once you type that you should see everything working on the screen of your iphone, it will tell you to wait 2.5 minutes and sometimes its even quicker then that.... but wait theres more....
13. once your phone reboots you are now unlocked and on 1.1.3 goto installer and update community resources, install bsd subsystem and open ssh
14. for most of you the tutorial should probably END here and your phones will work just fine, however there is 1 bug that is easily fixed in ziphone's jailbreak and activation that you can fix really easy by yourself if you feel comfortable enough to. This bug involves iphonebrowser not working properly and some other programs not recognizing the iphone as being jailbroken...
15. lets continue.. open up the terminal if you know how to use ssh or download a copy of cyber duck. ssh or cyber duck ssh into your iphone using user: root passwd: alpine
16. navigate to \System\Library\Lockdown\
make sure you are at \system\library\lockdown and not at library\lockdown there is a difference..
17. download or copy the file to your computer titled Services.plist make a copy of it for safety on your desktop.
open the file in text edit it will look like this starting at the top
INSERT CODE HERE
Here's what you need to copy and paste into the file where the red lettering is above:
save the file as Services.plist and copy it back to your iphone overwrite the file on your iphone you have a backup anyway so your safe...
18. reboot your iphone and your done, perfectly unlocked, activated, working, youtube works, find me in the maps works, the jiggle buttons, they all work.. even wallpaper that i had heard people had been having problems with...
hope this helps you all out, let me know if you have any questions.....
Last edited by harv666; 02-14-2008 at 05:42 PM.
Here are the files if anybody needs them!
ZiPhone 2.0 GUI
From Developer site:
ZiPhone v2.0 is finally OUT.
In the command line version, you will find a new
option "-b" be very careful with that!
I take no responsability if you brick your phone!
ZiPhone -b will downgrade bootloader from 4.6 to 3.9,
flash 4.03.13_G baseband version and
unlock it (in one shot!).
Looks like this is the final one...hopefully
This jailbreaks any iphone with 1.1.3 firmware. It will unlock and activate 1.1.3 iphones with the 4.6 bootloader (1.1.2 and 1.1.3 OTB iphones). Very easy, one-click solution - couldn't be easier!
This works on Apple OS X (Intel + PPC).
Replace $ with s
If you found a friend, you found a treasure.
Nice tutorial, harv666. Thanks for sharing it.
** If you just want to support hackint0sh.org with a donation, please click here **.
after all the reading i had to do to get to the bottom of it, i thought i would save a few hours of other peoples lives... the reason i didnt post the gui versions is because they dont unlock the 3.9bl on a mac which i am on... this tutorial was for people with the earlier bl...
Ones question, do we still have to power down the iphone when is restored and then press the home button docking it to put it in restore mode?? or after that we run the bat file from ziphone 2.1 and it will automatically put your phone in recovery mode... thats the only question i got todo it tonite...
Thanks a lot!!!
I would disconnect, power down then hold home and plug back in to put it into the right mode.. worked perfectly that way...
After doing this all new features in 1.1.3 are working ? ( Youtube,Wi-fi,google new map feature ..etc)
I bought 1.0.2 phone and then upgraded to 1.1.1 via itunes then unlokced with Anysim1.1. As per your document i dont need to verginize the phone am i right.
General - How many times we can unlock the phone and is there a way to check how many unlocks are left
Thanks for your guide .It saves lot of time
yes all the features are working, location in maps works amazing, wallpaper works, move icons, web icons, everything, i havent seen anything wrong yet and ive tried it all out...
no you only need to virginize the phone if you had unlocked 1.0.2 with the first anysim as supposedly it corrupted something that the virginizer then fixes.... so if you upgraded to 1.1.1 diretly from 1.0.2 and then unlocked you should be fine..... once you do the restore to 1.1.3 it will erase everything anyway....
one thing i didnt note was that when you do resotre you data onto your iphone everything comes back including your notes and sms, thats why doing a sync before you restore to 1.1.3 is essential...
Notes, SMSes, etc.
seriously? all your notes, SMSes, every single thing was back in it's rightful place with no problems at all?
yeah everything..notes, sms, favorites, even my installer sources that i had added were still there.... i was scared about losing all my notes and didnt feel like emailing them one at a time cuz i had tons of them that i even bought that iphonedrive program to back them up just in case but when i resynced my phone everything was there, apple must store this info in your backup they just dont make it available to you....
By themrwho in forum iPhone 3G
Last Post: 11-29-2010, 03:25 PM
By shorty6boy1 in forum iPhone 3G
Last Post: 10-21-2008, 10:39 PM
By to1337ca in forum Free Toolchain Software (Cydia App's)
Last Post: 10-16-2008, 08:38 PM
By liyakhatalikhan in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
Last Post: 02-15-2008, 03:45 AM
By rohanmalik007 in forum Free Toolchain Software (Cydia App's)
Last Post: 02-09-2008, 09:30 AM