Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37
Discuss [Tutorial] Jailbreak/Unlock a OOT 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 UK iPhone using ZiPhone at the iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1) - Hackint0sh.org; HOW TO UPGRADE A OOT 1.1.2 UK iPHONE RUNNING 4.6 BOOTLOADER TO 1.1.3 First off: ...
  1. #1
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Post [Tutorial] Jailbreak/Unlock a OOT 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 UK iPhone using ZiPhone

    HOW TO UPGRADE A OOT 1.1.2 UK iPHONE RUNNING 4.6 BOOTLOADER TO 1.1.3

    First off:
    1. I live in the UK
    2. I own a UK iPhone
    3. My iPhone was an OOT 1.1.2
    4. My Bootloader is 4.6
    5. My baseband is 04.02.13_G
    6. My carrier is Vodafone (I HAVE TESTED THIS WITH AN ORANGE AND O2 PAY AS YOU GO SIM ALSO)
    7. My Vodafone SIM card remains in my phone throughout the unlock/jailbreak process
    8. I have installed the latest version of iTunes (7.6)
    9. I have already downloaded ZiPhone and extracted the files to a folder


    First to upgrade to prepare your iPhone for upgrade

    1. Connect your iPhone via USB
    2. Make sure iTuneshelper.exe and any other iTunes process is stopped
    3. Run ZiPhone
    4. Select all 3 options 'Unlock' 'Activate' 'Jailbreak' (Nothing else!!)
    5. Your iPhone will go in to Recovery mode and the process will start, do not worry about the apple code streaming it looks scary but it's OK.
    6. When the process is finished your iPhone will reboot and you will be at the 'Slide to Unlock' screen.


    Now you have an unlocked/jailbreaked 1.1.2 iPhone but your running an old firmware version. Lets upgrade now to the latest version and enjoy the new updates!

    By now I'm assuming the following:

    • Your are running on 1.1.2
    • The unlock worked (you have signal/reception)
    • You have the Installer App home icon
    • ZiPhone is now closed


    Lets Upgrade!

    1. Connect your iPhone via USB to your PC
    2. Launch iTunes and go to your iPhone Home page
    3. Select the 'Upgrade' option
    4. Download and install the 1.1.3 update using iTunes
    5. Allow your iPhone to reboot and you will now be at the 'Slide for Emergency' Screen
    6. Close iTunes and make sure all processes are stopped (iTuneshelper.exe)
    7. Launch ZiPhone
    8. Select all 3 options 'Unlock' 'Activate' 'Jailbreak' (Nothing else!!)
    9. Your iPhone will go in to Recovery mode and the process will start, do not worry about the apple code streaming it looks scary but it's OK.
    10. When the process is finished your iPhone will reboot and you will be at the 'Slide to Unlock' screen.


    Don't forget!

    • You are now on an unlocked iPhone on baseband 04.03.13_G with bootloader 4.6
    • I have not missed out a single step I took and I did not receive any errors/warnings that needed to be noted
    • You can now directly restore your iPhone to a 1.1.3 to repair any errors and then use ZiPhone to unlock/jailbreak/activate.
    • I did not downgrade to upgrade, I did a straight Upgrade via iTunes and have not missed out any steps from unwrapping the device.


    My guide

    Wahey you now have a unlocked iPhone running an another carrier on 1.1.3! All your options will work without a problem and you can sit back and bask in the glory of being a genius!
    Last edited by spawny; 02-16-2008 at 03:51 PM.



  2. #2
    Developer Array cosmoLV's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Latvia
    Posts
    320
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    clear tutorial nice
    [SIZE=2]Location: Latvia

    ---

  3. #3
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Angry

    Ok, this is all fine and well but what if you've been staring at
    please wait 2'30
    FOR THE PAST THREE DAYS!?
    Not one single method I've been able to find has helped me,
    rather opposite they have turned my phone into a five hundred dollar paper weight. I can't get past the restore mode, my phone won't boot at all, unless it was MEANT to only display the recovery mode screen. and not ONE SINGLE person replied to any post I've left on any message board. Since I'm the only person I know with the iphone I can't really ask anyone.
    If ANYONE could help me at all that would be awesome because, as it is, I can't even afford to replace this POS with a real phone, so I'm stuck with it
    but this is definitely going to be the first and last time I even cosider buying some Apple bullcrap toy, I think I'll stick wit real machines from now on if I can get this stupid thing to even work

  4. #4
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exidus View Post
    Ok, this is all fine and well but what if you've been staring at
    please wait 2'30
    FOR THE PAST THREE DAYS!?
    Not one single method I've been able to find has helped me,
    rather opposite they have turned my phone into a five hundred dollar paper weight. I can't get past the restore mode, my phone won't boot at all, unless it was MEANT to only display the recovery mode screen. and not ONE SINGLE person replied to any post I've left on any message board. Since I'm the only person I know with the iphone I can't really ask anyone.
    If ANYONE could help me at all that would be awesome because, as it is, I can't even afford to replace this POS with a real phone, so I'm stuck with it
    but this is definitely going to be the first and last time I even cosider buying some Apple bullcrap toy, I think I'll stick wit real machines from now on if I can get this stupid thing to even work
    My advice would be to put your iPhone in to DFU mode. DFU mode is NOT the same as RESTORE MODE.

    Then Restore your iPhone to 1.1.3 and then use steps:

    1. Allow your iPhone to reboot and you will now be at the 'Slide for Emergency' Screen
    2. Close iTunes and make sure all processes are stopped (iTuneshelper.exe)
    3. Launch ZiPhone
    4. Select all 3 options 'Unlock' 'Activate' 'Jailbreak' (Nothing else!!)
    5. Your iPhone will go in to Recovery mode and the process will start, do not worry about the apple code streaming it looks scary but it's OK.
    6. When the process is finished your iPhone will reboot and you will be at the 'Slide to Unlock' screen.

  5. #5
    Professional Array

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    51
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    does google locate me work?


  6. #6
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Yes Mark all updates worked without a problem.

  7. #7
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by spawny View Post
    My advice would be to put your iPhone in to DFU mode. DFU mode is NOT the same as RESTORE MODE.

    Then Restore your iPhone to 1.1.3 and then use steps:

    1. Allow your iPhone to reboot and you will now be at the 'Slide for Emergency' Screen
    2. Close iTunes and make sure all processes are stopped (iTuneshelper.exe)
    3. Launch ZiPhone
    4. Select all 3 options 'Unlock' 'Activate' 'Jailbreak' (Nothing else!!)
    5. Your iPhone will go in to Recovery mode and the process will start, do not worry about the apple code streaming it looks scary but it's OK.
    6. When the process is finished your iPhone will reboot and you will be at the 'Slide to Unlock' screen.


    Ummm... well the only problem with this, as I said before, is that I can't even GET to ANYTHING. It boots directly to the screen that says to plug it into itunes. That's it. Nothing else. IT WONT DO ANYTHING. I can't restore it using iTunes or any other program I've tried. I've gotten every error in the book. 5,9,6,1,3,2003, and the always fun 0xE000008 to name a few. If someone could actually SAY "hey this is how to put your iPOS into DFU..." that would be MUCH more helpful. Though as I also said before. I've tried that. DFU is the all white screen right?

  8. #8
    Rookie Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Putting your iPhone in to DFU mode using your PC.


    1. First download the required archive http://www.sendspace.com/file/93fx93
    2. Extract the archive to the root of your hard drive, should be C:/DFU/
    3. Connect your iPhone and ignore iTunes
    4. Goto Start - run
    5. Next type in “c:/dfu/dfu iBSS.m68ap.RELEASE.dfu”
    6. Wait for iPhone to show a “white” screen and your in DFU mode.
    7. Connect your iPhone to iTunes.


    Putting your iPhone in to Recovery Mode.
    1. Connect the phone to the computer and press and hold the Power button (on top) and the Home button (on bottom front) simultaneously.
    2. After about 15 seconds phone will appear to turn off, release the Power button but keep holding the Home button.
    3. After about 15 seconds the computer and iTunes will detect the phone in recovery mode.

  9. #9
    Developer Array The_Real_BigBuckz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    251
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exidus View Post
    Ummm... well the only problem with this, as I said before, is that I can't even GET to ANYTHING. It boots directly to the screen that says to plug it into itunes. That's it. Nothing else. IT WONT DO ANYTHING. I can't restore it using iTunes or any other program I've tried. I've gotten every error in the book. 5,9,6,1,3,2003, and the always fun 0xE000008 to name a few. If someone could actually SAY "hey this is how to put your iPOS into DFU..." that would be MUCH more helpful. Though as I also said before. I've tried that. DFU is the all white screen right?
    If you still can't get to DFU then just restore, and run ZiPhone 2.2 which you can download from the below links. Then tick "Jailbreak" "acitvate" and "unlock", you shouldn't have a problem, if you are using windows run the program as Admin.

    http://rapid$hare.com/files/92053216/ZiPhone2.2.zip (windows)
    http://rapid$hare.com/files/91952479/ZiPhoneOSX.tbz (mac)

    Replace $ with S

  10. #10
    Newbie Array

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Smile

    Thank you guys for being helpful
    I'll give this a try and see what happens.
    I'm using my room mate's comp because the iPOS doesn't play well with my (also a POS) linux machine.
    Will post results in a few...


 

 
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Tutorial] Jailbreak, Activate and Unlock iPhone All Versions
    By Unlock in forum Genius Bar - HowTos, Guides and Tutorials
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 12-02-2012, 09:31 AM
  2. Replies: 101
    Last Post: 02-27-2008, 06:27 AM
  3. [Tutorial] Jailbreak, Activate and Unlock iPhone All Versions
    By igu13 in forum iPhone "2G" (Rev. 1)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-11-2008, 10:05 PM
  4. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-16-2007, 03:08 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
(c) 2006-2012 Hackint0sh.org
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:53 PM.
twitter, follow us!